Needing help with syncing to chain with a broken phone

Hello, I have been using brave for months now and I’m really happy with the sync chain feature. I have my phone and laptop on my sync chain. The problem is, I kept having reformatting my laptop because of various circumstances and with that being said, I also keep reinstalling brave on it and adding it to the chain via my phone.

But just last week, my phone broke and my laptop failed, and I reformatted it again. I can’t access my phone to be able to add my laptop to the chain again. My phone is basically not fixable anymore and am planning of buying a new one instead. I just want to retrieve my bookmarks from the chain, but like I said, I cannot add my laptop to it because my phone is broken.

Are there any more ways to access my bookmarks in the chain without the help of my phone?

@czarpayatot

As a precaution, I suggest, that you create backups of your BraveSoftware folder . . . and place those backups on an attached, external drive.

BraveSoftware folder location on Windows OS:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\

Brave Browser Bookmarks location on the Windows OS machine:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default\Bookmarks

May interest, re User Profile:

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000109.htm

When you reinstalled the browser on your laptop, do you have the option to join a sync chain with a sync code and do you have the sync code from your phone saved anywhere? If your phone can still be powered on, I would think you could just add your device back to the sync chain since it is already listed on your phone. Maybe you can’t. Have you tried?

As far as on the laptop, after a reformat, I think you could try using an “unerase” type utility program to restore your profile files if they are still there. Could give it a shot anyway.

Otherwise, I can’t think of any other options to try if you don’t have a backup of your Brave-Brower folder saved somewhere… sorry.