Need to find a Brave Browser DL for mac os 10.9.5

I’m wanting to download a copy of the Brave Browser for my MacBook Pro. I’m using OS 10.9.5 and the current browser DL only works on OS 10.10. and above. Is the version compatible with 10.9.5 still available? If so, how do I access it? For a host of reasons I’m unable to upgrade my OS.

@sicular sadly you need macOS 10.10 in order to use Brave. https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021357112-What-are-the-system-requirements-to-install-Brave-

I forgot which version that compatible with 10.9.5. But I’m not recommend it since it’s outdated and maybe have a risk which not patched.

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately I can’t update my OS. What is the issue with the version for 10.9.5?

I’m not sure about that. Let me cc @Mattches @sriram @clifton on this. Maybe it’s inherited from Chromium.

IIRC, the last support for 10.9.5 is for previous Brave (muon) which is now deprecated.

I have no idea what any of that means… Seems like it should be simple. Either I can dl a copy or not. Either it works or it doesn’t…

@sicular,
Please see the following article regarding our depreciated browser and why you should no longer be using it as a daily driver:

Sorry, we no longer support OS X 10.9.5 (as you shared, it would need to be 10.10 or higher)

As shared above, using the older Muon browser is not advisable either as it has not been maintained and is running an old version of Chromium

Apologies
Brian

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.