Need Info about effect due to OS change

Hello Sir , I just recently deleted the brave browser from my Android phone then re installed it . I found the BAT is 0 now . I was thinking to install the new OS in my laptop where i have brave browser & i dont wanna lose them . can You please help me how to do this @Mattches @Saoiray

Brave is working on a way to compensate for this issue. As long as you have sync setup and an Uphold wallet connected to brave you should be fine. Some users are reporting that they have reached the maximum number of brave instances that they can sync. If that is the case we just have to wait a little bit longer.

@sudipp4,
Any BAT that had not been moved to a custodial account already (by verifying your wallet) is on your Android device is unfortunately lost after uninstalling the browser.

Sorry to jump in here but I’ve been asking for some info pertaining to the same topic (albeit my vBAT out wiped already).
Okay so this explains why my keys no longer work like they did in the past.
Can I ask why? I mean, the old method of using the key if disaster should strike was a cool and fair feature.
Seems to be a completely flawed decision and a seriously selfish one of behalf of Brave.
Okay, done. Browser deleted w/ vBAT’s. 5 year user. No longer supporting this scam.

Sorry to see you go.
vBAT wallet backup is in the works.

1 Like

Big if true. Not that it helps replace my lost vBAT, but ‘‘backups’’ sounds promising. We’ll see.
Thanks for the reply.

@theBATfinker https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/18101

You can track the status there

1 Like

So i cannot install New OS in my laptop till all the bat transfer to uphold account @Saoiray @Mattches

@sudipp4 Umm, too many little things to have to talk about. The answer is yes and no. If your devices are currently connected to Uphold or Gemini, then the BAT you’ve earned should be sent to there during the payout period. Obviously when you first install a new browser or whatever, it will start at 0. It’s going to be seen as a new device, but that doesn’t disconnect your previous one from Uphold/Gemini.

When you’re guaranteed to lose it all is if it wasn’t verified with Uphold or Gemini and then you uninstall or whatever else. This is because if not connected to Verified Wallet, it’s instead stored in the browser.

If you have time, try to skim through PSA: User FAQ - Support & Answers

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.