Need Detailed BAT payment report for 2019 for IRS Tax requirement to report virtual currency received

Hello!

Can someone explain how I can determine the micro-transaction details for the monthly awards of BAT that I earned in 2019 for viewing Ads. I need this detail in order to comply with the following tax requirement for 2019 (copied to the end of this post), and I imagine many other people need it as well.

From the reading I’ve done, these BAT earnings are meant to be reported as Capital Gains. So I need to know the USD value and amount of BAT at the time I received each microtransaction, in order to calculate the individual capital gains and the overall sum for the year.

• Short Term : Can someone help me extract this detailed report?
  • Long Term : Can this level of granularity be added to Brave Rewards page, showing the monthly payouts?

I don’t believe this has been addressed before. I looked through this community, Reddit, and a number of other sites via Google searching. I found many people discussing opinions on whether or not we’re required to report these earnings (seems clear to me that we are required). But I don’t see an actual answer on how to find the details for these transactions for 2019.

Thanks for the help!!

Tax form : Schedule 1 - Additional Income and Adjustments to Income
https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040s1.pdf
At any time during 2019, did you receive, sell, send, exchange, or otherwise acquire any financial interest in any virtual currency?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.