My Windows 10 machine DIED, but I have Brave installed on Pop_OS. howto Migrate everything?

Description of the issue:
simple, I’m unsure of what files/folders to migrate from Win10 to Linux. I’m familiar with Linux hidden folders, just unsure what → where for migration.
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. have your computer get fried.

2. get lucky and have SDD survive!

3. maybe profit now?

Expected result:
get my Passwords and such BACK?

Brave Version( check About Brave):
[
Version 1.39.122 Chromium: 102.0.5005.115 (Official Build) unknown (64-bit) unsure on WIN10 version. computer DIED saturday!

Additional Information:
I HOPE I added what is needed. My sync chain didn’t seem to work unfortunately.

Just copy your user folder over. I’m not 100% on the whole Windows path stuff as I haven’t touched it in 20ish years but it should be something like…
C:\Users\YOU\AppData\ (local|roaming) (translate for how you mount under Pop)

Normally in that you should have local and roaming both of which may have Brave bits. If you’re unsure which goes where fire up Brave on Pop and just look at the folder contents and it should be obvious via directory structure and so on. Now to check the Brave stuff on Pop it will be under

$HOME/.cache and $HOME/.config

should have clearified. Pop_OS uses flatpak. which simply put confuses me.tried looking in .cache and .config. not any files. $HOME/.local/share/flatpak/app/.com.brave.Browser does have files.

My bad for NOT mentioning this!

Reasons I won’t use the big Debian distros. That said flat should still be using the same directories. Most the flat/snap things I’ve had the displeasure of trying still used the default filesystem for user prefs.

Flat/Snap are still a mess as far as user controls so don’t feel bad for being confused. Most their own docs are wrong or missing huge (important) details when trying to get even basic things like theming consistent. appImage for now is best but the distro’s aren’t using it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.