My browser Brave got hacked - copy/past hack (metamask wallet)

Description of the issue:
Hello,
I’ve lost my Ethereum sent from my metamask wallet to Bitfinex exchange, and after some investigation, I’ve noticed that my Ether landed on some other address, what I noticed after that is that when I copy the destination address from Bitfinex and I past it on metmask it is somehow changing to another address, and I didn’t notice that before sending, so I thought it is a malware on my PC that is changing addresses like that, I’ve run severals scan with Malwaresbytes and Bitdefenders antivirus, but no malwares founded… But, I’ve been surprise when I’ve tried to copy/past on other browsers, I have no issues there (on both google chrome and Internet explorer), but it is still happening on Brave browser and it’s freaking me out !!
Any ideas how to get rid of this? I really love Brave and I can’t continue using it with this issue !!
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Every time I copy/past a wallet address

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.18.78 Chromium: 87.0.4280.141 (Build officiel) (64 bits)

Additional Information:

1 Like

wow if true… devs please respond

Interesting; I have a special large crowd of hackers, locally and distant, waiting at my door to hack me. I also suspect I am on Canadian and US deep state watch lists. Apparently, I appeared better protected opf Firefox. The constant hacking of my pointing device is annoying (switching tabs, closing tabs, pressing and clicking on ads, etc…). Further, this weekend, I had a box pop up from the URL asking me to login every time I was going on a website which requires my passwords. But an URL address was associated with it which I could not retrace to any server: cfmh-1c24ad.optics-things.com

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.