My brave preference file is corrupt, brave is unable to recover my settings please help me out

my brave preference file is corrupt, brave is unable to recover my settings please help me out

Well, usually when a preferences file fail to load, a new one is created but the old one should be in the profile folder as old or corrupt or something like that, so all you can do is try to open and see if it has valid text you can copy and paste like the extensions installed in your profile.
The problem is to do that you should have knowledge of how the structure of the file is done and all that.

In my case, the only time I have seen preferences file getting corrupted is because I edited bad the file but I just closing the browser and undoing or fixing the bad stuff fixes the issue.
I don’t know why Brave wouldn’t save a proper format but maybe it is a semicolon missing or comma or bracket or something like that.

A good editor like VSCode should tell you what is wrong about the file if it is still in a valid format. You just have to make sure to give the file JSON format and then let vscode format it correctly or any other editor you use should be able to do that.

That’s the only way, but it is complicated for someone who has never worked on it and you probably have to let it go and start from zero.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.