My BAT vanished...?

I’ve been using Brave for a couple months now on macOS and Android. I synced Brave across both of my macOS devices and my Android. I was grateful to start seeing privacy preserving ads on Android starting this summer and started earning BAT.

Today my macOS client said it failed to update and I needed to reinstall Brave. I did so, only to find that Rewards were reset and in attempting to view my current BAT and settings, it seems the browser initiated a new Rewards wallet.

Is my previous wallet lost? I still have the user ID, Persona ID, and Payment ID from the initial setup.

A possibly related note: I hadn’t setup an Uphold account before today, when I first noticed mention of it. I’ve set one up now, but I’m wondering if there was an automated attempt to push BAT to an Uphold Wallet when I hadn’t set one up.

Any guidance is appreciated.

My Android Brave Rewards shows 0.0 BAT, 0.00 USD, as did my recently updated macOS version.

I went to my secondary macOS device, opened chrome://rewards/ and copied out the recovery key which I pasted onto my primary device. Initially, it appeared as though an empty wallet was initialized, but my balance showed up on my primary macOS after a delay.

My Android Brave still shows 0.0 BAT in my balance, and 2.3 BAT pending. I do not see an option in Android to restore or backup with key…am I missing it? I only can enable/disable ads and change the number of ads per hour; enable/disable Auto-contribute; view Tips.

So, I assumed it’s now “solved”, @stampedeo?

• First, Brave Sync is only sync your bookmarks across devices. Wallet sync is not yet available.

• Then, make sure you have a recovery keys for your wallet. And please note, that recovery keys is not for “use same wallet on many devices”.

• Brave Rewards for Android is still in development so many features ia still missing – compared to desktop version.

Yes, I think this is ‘solved’ @eljuno

Meaning I may have simply not understood what is synced across devices. I should spend more time reading here to understand the current state and expected development for the mobile platforms.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.