My adblocker got broken by a website

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Go to https://windowsmatters.com/2022/05/01/gandalfs-windows-10pe-x64-redstone-7-aka-20h1-build-19041-spring-2022-edition/
  2. Refresh the page a few times
  3. Brave Shields is broken and has no built in or optional filter lists.

Expected result: Nothing wrong happens and the page loads without ads

Brave Version( check About Brave): 1.58.2 Chromium: 115.0.5790.56 (Official Build) nightly (64-bit)

Additional Information:

Works fine here, I have a scriptlet that reloads the page and have been running it for the past 5 minutes and Brave adblocker didn’t break.

Did you test it disabling extensions or in Private window to see if that happens here?

Also, there is already 1.58.21 that can be installed (by using the standalone installer) and it has a newer Chromium update 115.0.5790.75 and many fixes since 1.58.2. You should go and update it, it should be at least in 1.58.20 pushed by the updater automatically.

Maybe some bug in Nightly caused it, and that’s why you should try to stay in latest Nightly as much as possible to see if issues were resolved or something, especially since your nightly is from a week ago, and especially since newer Nightlies have newer Chromium versions.
But I use latest Nightly (usually) and never saw this happening, only issue I saw was Browser crashing when updating a local list, but it was something in the list that got fixed when I edited my list, don’t think people are going to suffer it. Adblocker and lists have been okay for months.

I updated but the issue still occurs.

I even made a new profile and tried using guest and incognito. Same issue.

Is there a way to fix this?

Managed to fix it by wiping my Extensions folder in my profile in localappdata

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.