My Account is been Flagged

I haven’t received rewards for the pass 2 months and doing the verify process with Uphold I find out that I been flagged !!! I would like to know why, I believe I haven’t done anything wrong.
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Hector Castillo

1 Like

Raise a ticket at

Raising a ticket basically will be an appeal to Brave to reinstate your account and will be at Brave’s discretion to decide whether to reinstate your account or not.

Any violation of Brave’s Terms can result in your account being flagged. You can find their Terms of Service for Brave Rewards at https://basicattentiontoken.org/user-terms-of-service/ 6

Some quick examples of things that often result in flagged accounts can be:

• Using a VPN, Proxy Server, or other such thing to hide or fake your location. This is because it can be seen as you trying to bypass ad restrictions. Remember, advertisers pay so content is shown to specific regions. When you appear to be in a region you’re not, it is taking advantage of the system to see ads and receive BAT you shouldn’t be getting.
  • Modifying folders. There are some things you’re encouraged to do but some people do dig deep and try modifying folders that affect your encryption key OR where Users think they can fool the system into thinking they’ve seen more ads or have more BAT in their browser than they really do. Whether intentional or accidental, messing with the wrong things will get your account flagged.
  • Your setup sends mixed information to Brave. For example, maybe you’re in the United States. Your IP address shows you in California, your language is English-IN, and your time zone is correct. This will tell Brave you should see ads from India but then it sees that you’re actually in California. At this point it will think you’re trying to trick the system to see more ads and might flag you. If nothing else, it can result in you not getting BAT for ads that you do see.
  • Cloning your browser. Some people have learned how to do unofficial backup & restore and have the “great idea” that they can make multiple copies of the same browser on different devices and then Verify them with a custodial wallet like Uphold or Gemini. The system recognizes this and will flag the account and prevent anything from happening. Of course, even if unintentional, creating two exact copies of the browser and encryption key will be seen as attempting to do this and will flag you. So never have two identical copies of the browser running.
  • Uphold or Gemini identifies your account as fraudulent and/or there’s a violation of laws.
  • Any other type of suspicious activity is recognized by the system or Brave staff.
    That said, just like people, the system isn’t flawless and mistakes can happen. If you haven’t done anything wrong, you can always create a ticket
1 Like

same thing happened to me, havent received any bat for november, and now december in this january payout my balance its again zero bat and nothing has been send to the uphold account, my account was uphold verified since late november, and i reported this issues of not receiving my balance of bat via mutiple tickets, these tickets three as of now, in none of them i got a single reponse from brave support, so this whole time i remained unaware that there was a problem with my brave account until today when once again i received in browser message that my bat rewards for december had arrived 13.5 bat, clicked and did the whole captcha verification step, got an error message, “an error has occured”, sidenote this message btw how does it help anyone to find out what went wrong? it just pushes people to the support page since nothing more specific is point out, after the error my balance went to zero bat, since this was the third time i received this same error and i got tired of waiting anyone from support o answer one of my tickets explaining the problem, i decide to logoff from my uphold verified account and tried to logged in again trying to verify my account once more, and this time i got this same message as you " your account has been flagged , No action is required on your part. Your Brave Rewards profile will be automatically reevaluated on a regular basis to determine when (or if) the flag can be removed. " … Therefore my balance its once again zero, cant and couldnt retrieve any bat from november (12.5) or december (13.5), no tickets with my case explained got answered by any support staff, no one explains what have i done wrong to get flagged for what i assume its automatic system, my account just got for what it seems shadow banned and i have no way of trying to remedy a situation that i am not aware in the first place of what has been done wrong in my part, i use the brave browser at its last version, in my personal machine windows 10, browse the web normally, visit a bunch of sites, now and then i receive the ads which i view normally, i use brave as any normal user, the browser balance shows bat increment during the month and when i try to receive its the whole mess i wrote above, oddly enough this whole situation just started to happen after i wrote the first ticket relating the issue that i received less bat that i was supposed to when i first verified my wallet with uphold, before that i received my balance correctly and without issues, been using brave for a year. so i was completely unaware that my brave profile was banned until i logout and tried to login again from uphold. i do not use vpn, proxy, or anything like that, just one installation of the brave browser on my personal machine which i use along side chrome and firefox. i guess having no alternative, support being what it is the whole incentive for me to keep using brave its just gone.

1 Like

Same here, been loyal to the browser and really enjoy using it versus other browsers. That being said, being treated like a criminal or someone other than a law abiding citizen puts a very bitter taste in my mouth. Flagged for what? It just feels to me like because crypto is in a bear market that you no longer want to pay out? I Have done nothing to trigger my account to be flagged. No explaination…just silence and the feature no longer works for me. Sort it out…you are supposed to be professionals leading the way. Poor.

3 Likes

Any violation of Brave’s Terms can result in your account being flagged. You can find their Terms of Service for Brave Rewards at https://basicattentiontoken.org/user-terms-of-service/

Some quick examples of things that often result in flagged accounts can be:

• Using a VPN, Proxy Server, or other such thing to hide or fake your location. This is because it can be seen as you trying to bypass ad restrictions. Remember, advertisers pay so content is shown to specific regions. When you appear to be in a region you’re not, it is taking advantage of the system to see ads and receive BAT you shouldn’t be getting.
  • Modifying folders. There are some things you’re encouraged to do but some people do dig deep and try modifying folders that affect your encryption key OR where Users think they can fool the system into thinking they’ve seen more ads or have more BAT in their browser than they really do. Whether intentional or accidental, messing with the wrong things will get your account flagged.
  • Your setup sends mixed information to Brave. For example, maybe you’re in the United States. Your IP address shows you in California, your language is English-IN, and your time zone is correct. This will tell Brave you should see ads from India but then it sees that you’re actually in California. At this point it will think you’re trying to trick the system to see more ads and might flag you. If nothing else, it can result in you not getting BAT for ads that you do see.
  • Cloning your browser. Some people have learned how to do unofficial backup & restore and have the “great idea” that they can make multiple copies of the same browser on different devices and then Verify them with a custodial wallet like Uphold or Gemini. The system recognizes this and will flag the account and prevent anything from happening. Of course, even if unintentional, creating two exact copies of the browser and encryption key will be seen as attempting to do this and will flag you. So never have two identical copies of the browser running.
  • Uphold or Gemini identifies your account as fraudulent and/or there’s a violation of laws.
  • Any other type of suspicious activity is recognized by the system or Brave staff.

That said, just like people, the system isn’t flawless and mistakes can happen. If you haven’t done anything wrong, you can always create a ticket.

Give it time, I’ll suggest. The team has just started to come back from the holidays. In the meantime, I will also suggest to double check your emails and spam folder and stuff. I missed their email and had thought that I didn’t get a reply, but the team told me that they had replied 2 days back…

Hello!
I was flagged for no reason or reason, I know I did not commit any fraud, I am sure of that. I have been using brave rewards for many years and I have never done anything like that because whenever they update I read the terms and conditions very well.
I also want to let you know or ask why the December rewards were not paid in full and they marked me exactly the day they had to pay both rewards. i.e. December and January. I hope you can solve the problem soon and thanks in advance.
Note: I don’t want to have to switch to another browser.

1 Like

Did you raise a ticket?
If not, then raise one at

Share the ticket id so if a team member sees this post it might expedite the process

I also had my account banned (first came under review) with Uphold today. They said I got the resources by fraudulent means… How, if I only connected my brave rewards there?

Can anyone help me on this issue?

You need to raise a ticket with Uphold at
https://support.uphold.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Since this seems to be a problem pertaining more on Uphold’s side, I don’t think there’s much that can be done from Brave’s side.

Same here. It’s been three months for me and there seems no way to contact brave. Uphold account is in good standing but now no more BAT are being added to my account.
Where on brave can we contact someone to resolve this?

1 Like

Had the same issue for months now, and waiting for an appeal each time I try to connect it to my Uphold account has been pointless. I’ll open a ticket, but I have to say that possibly being flagged for VPN use, especially when you can add your actual location to the browser for ad delivery if you use a VPN, is ridiculous. Sometimes you have to use a VPN, and it’s not going to be for the reasons stated for possible flagging .

dont cry reinstalling brave will fix your problem dont wait forever

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.