My account got flagged

Hello,

First, sorry if my English is not perfect, it is not my mother tongue.
I’ll try to explain my issue the best I can.

I’ve been using Brave and the Brave rewards program since January with my account linked to Uphold.

Everything worked fined until a few weeks ago when I got disconnected. Since then, I can’t reconnect because apparently it has been flagged.

I’m not sure if this is the problem, but I have Brave installed on my desktop computer, my laptop and my smartphone.

On both my desktop computer and my laptop, I have multiple browser profile with Brave rewards activated. Some of them are connected to my uphold account, and some are not.

So far, the only account that is still connected is the one in my smartphone.

I also use ProtonVPN on both my desktop computer and my laptop. (I’ve read that using a VPN could be an issue)

Now, I understand that having multiple accounts can be a problem (although I thought it was allowed up to 4 accounts).

I’ve read in another topic that the Brave team does not disclose why an account has been flagged. I’m cool with that.

I just want to understand what I can do to have my account restored.

Thanks for your help,

@Laurent48

You might email suspensions@brave.com

1 Like

Thanks.

I’ll try that.

Hi and welcome to the community. :smiley:

A couple of questions.

1. Are you asking about a creator account? The email @289wk is for creator account suspensions. If this is a Rewards account, they probably will not be able to help.

2. Did you get a “flagged” message on any of your devices? If not, and you are still receiving ads and earnings, then your account is not flagged. If you do have a flagged notice, just wait a few days and see if your account is automatically unflagged.

3. What country are you from? Brave has made changes recently to supported countries. I have posted the notices below. Do you live in one of these countries? You can still receive ads and earnings if you have ad campaigns in your region, you just won’t be able to transfer your earnings to Uphold. You may have received deposits afterwards, but once you are disconnected you will not be able to reconnect.

Changes to Brave Ads Regional Availability

Wallet Connections are Temporarily Blocked in Turkey

Having multiple Brave profiles is not a problem. I have several on both Release and Beta versions of Brave. At this time, you can only connect (link) a max of 4 accounts. Even if you remove (delete) an account, it will still count towards the 4 limit and you will not be able to connect a new one. (if any of that makes sense! lol) You should be OK unless you are getting a “device limit reached” type message.

Using vpn is fine as long as the device and vpn locations match. Problems occur if you try to change the vpn location to a country outside of the country you live in. Your account may be flagged for suspicious activity.

Please give an update. Also, please provide your Brave and OS versions to help troubleshoot your issue. Take care. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

Indeed, I’m asking about a Rewards account, not a creator account.

When I try to reconnect, after connecting to Uphold, I have a message saying that my account got flagged and therefore can’t be verified. I’ve already been waiting a few weeks before posting this message.

However, which is kind of weird, I still see ads randomly.

I’m from France.

I’m aware about the 4 devices limit, which is totally fine.

My VPN is set to Sweden > France, so I don’t think this is an issue, is it ?

Brave version : Version 1.38.119 Chromium: 101.0.4951.67 (Build officiel) (64 bits)

Please note that I had this issue for a few weeks now, so it started with a different browser version.

Have a nice day,

Could be. Try turning your vpn off and see if your account gets unflagged. You could also check your OS location and make sure the vpn location matches if you want to test with the vpn on. If you get unflagged, you will at least know it was likely the vpn causing the problem.

If you are still flagged after trying the above, you should submit a request using the form linked below. Good luck!

Hello,

I tried to turn off my VPN, and it doesn’t change anything.

I still got the message saying that my account had been flagged.
In the message, it says that while my Rewards account is being reviewed, it can’t be verified.

So maybe I need to wait a little longer…

I’ll submit a request.

Thanks a lot for your help.

1 Like

Hello @Chocoholic

A quick update : my issue had been solved.

I submited a request and got help from the support team.
Apparently, it was an issue with the wallet ID (they didn’t give me much details).

I had to provide information from chrome://rewards-internals.

Thanks again for your help.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.