Mute button in tab still not working in Brave 0.66.101

Description of the issue:
the mute-this-tab button in the tab description field at the top still does not work.

I found the bug report for this issue maybe 2 months ago, it reported it would be fixed shortly. Then the bug report was closed. but it’s still not working in my MacMini running latest brave just downloaded

Version 0.66.101 Chromium: 75.0.3770.142 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Click tab mute button. and nothing happens.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Nothing happens - nothing at all!

Expected result:
audio should be muted but it doesn’t work. clicking the audio icon does NOT put a line through the icon as expected and audio keeps playing

Reproduces how often:
every time so far

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
just downloaded 15 mins ago.
Version 0.66.101 Chromium: 75.0.3770.142 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
I reported this issue maybe 2 months ago, was told it would be fixed shortly. Then the Brave bug report was closed. but this issue is still NOT fixed in my MacMini running latest brave just downloaded

ps. I tried to find the original bug report but searching for it - mute tab and several variations - doesn’t find it!

@CrisBCT the fix will be available with 0.69.x release. https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/2025

Thanks for your patience.
:slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks eljuno. Note that seems to be in 3 releases time yet 12 days ago that thread reported that > our next Nightly build will have this fixed

and General automation moved this from In progress to Completed 12 days ago

How often are released issued? ie. How long plus/minus will it be in weeks or months or years?

@CrisBCT see https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/wiki/Brave-Release-Schedule for release info.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.