Multiple Processes Being Started

Hi All,

I noticed that for every tab opened in Brave, multiple background processes in task manager appear. Just one instance of Brave opens up 5-8 background processes. All of them are using system resources ranging from 11MB to 86MB. Total ram for all instances is around 450MB for a single open tab. This is on a fresh installed / fully updated Win 10 x64 machine.

Brave: 0.15.2
rev: af7ef42ad622f899312a38bdd0e2138154393627
Muon: 2.58.9
libchromiumcontent: 58.0.3029.96
V8: 5.8.283.37
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: dev
os.platform: win32
os.release: 10.0.14393
os.arch: x64

Why so many braves ?!
Is this normal?
Is this normal?

Brave uses a bit more memory than other browsers and it can be tracked here:

Regarding the multiple background processes is probably with how Brave is built, that is with Braves own “engine” called muon that is based on electron :wink: I can see the multiple processes too so it is not a problem and it only makes one a bit more confusing but it doesn’t break anything :laughing:

Hi @Telloh you think that’s bad, have a look here Browser suddenly quits just be glad you haven’t got the browser to erase data on exit and having dozens of tabs open and then closing on you without the possibility of retrieving closed tabs.

I know that came across as slightly negative considering they’re still relatively new but it has happened to me 2-3 time already.

One other thing, Clifton replied to something similar to me if it helps anyone, ‘None of the data opened in private tabs is persisted to disk. In Chromium, we are using a webcontents object which has the incognito property set, so it should behave the same as Chrome. History, cookies, etc are cleared on exit.’