Update Channel: dev
OS Platform: macOS
OS Release: 16.7.0
OS Architecture: x64
- Issues with history entries with no timestamp
- What is the value of having such entries? I cannot see a good reason for having these entries.
- Such history entries cannot be deleted. This is related to this earlier problem, which has now been closed. But the problem still remains in the current Mac version at least.
- (Cosmetic) When selecting multiple history entries, the block of selected entries turns grey with the last entry highlighted in orange. Then when you right click to delete an entry, the block selection disappears and the last selected item turns grey. This gives the visual impression that the action you’re about to perform (delete a block of history entries) now applies only to the one selected entry.
- If multiple history entries are deleted, they move into the section where history entries have no timestamp.
- The “Clear Browsing Data” is a very blunt instrument. When a filter is applied to the history entries, it ignores the filter and deletes everything anyway
- If Brave crashes or restarts, all browsing history is lost for each tab
- For browser tabs pointing to websites within a corporate VPN, if Brave restarts with the VPN connection down, you simply get an error message in the tab and the original URL is frequently lost (since there’s no browsing history). Sometimes a “Retry” button appears, but if a certificate was needed for authentication to that website, then you can get a “Certificate Error” with no record of which website was previously displayed.