Multiple Brave Browser Opened & ChromeCasting ICON

1- Wish an option to DISABLE opening of multiple instances of browser.

2- Wish, when enabled, chromecast ICON in settings could appear in top right corner, just like Google Chrome.

3- “Open In A New TAB” option should be available universally - it is not available in many operations.

What environment, and version, are you running?

For #1, can you describe a scenario(s) where a separate instance is created.

I am using:
Version 1.4.96 Chromium: 80.0.3987.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Blockquote For #1, can you describe a scenario(s) where a separate instance is created.
Correcting myself, it is not a case of multi-instances of browser, but it is a case “new-tab” choice is not available, and while not wishing, the link is opened “as a new window”. This is the issue which I have mentioned as #3 in my post. [Open In A New TAB” option should be available universally - it is not available in many operations]

Yes I am having the same problem. I have one tab open on the browser, but SEVEN instances run eating a whopping 6-7 GB of RAM. Either Brave developers have sold back door snooping or its an open hack fest!

Closing them off in the performance monitor, one of them seemed to be connected to the wallet.

I sympathize that SV people may not understand how broke people would not be able to afford money to put in the wallet system, and make the business model work. A modest subscription fee might be better. But I am curious about this from the technical point of view.

Can try brave fork and see if it repeats. I know the browser sync function was disabled some weeks ago. So who knows? (Whoever does, please enlighten!)

Glad to see I am not the only one noticing this! I would expect Brave users to have higher awareness than general browsing public lol!

Those commas are supposed to be decimal points, (EU style) so it is not 6-7 GB but as you can see reported it is closer to 1.

Still, why are they open and what are they doing? I did not open the processes, and only 1 Brave browser window is open.

(System is running Win 10 Enterprise 2018 )

Your posts don’t appear to be related [at all] to the OP’s feedback, which can confuse folks - you’re complaining about the “extra processes” that exist when Brave is launched and running. You do know Brave is a fork of Chrome, correct? If you really want to know what the “extra” processes are dedicated to, then Menu -> More tools -> Task Manager. For example:

(Oh, and BTW, you can EDIT your original post to make corrections or add content, instead of creating two more posts after the orig).