Moving from Win 7 to Linux Mint

Please ensure that you’ve read through the following topics/pages thoroughly before opening a topic as your question may have already been answered:

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance.

Briefly describe your issue:

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)

What date did you verify your wallet?

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)

Are you eligible for Brave Rewards (see here for list of supported regions)?

Are you on the list of supported regions when verifying Brave Rewards with a custodial partner (see here for list of supported regions)?

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to a custodial partner?

You mean Brave wallet or Brave rewards ?
I guess you mean Brave rewards. I am asking to make sure since I don’t wanna assume things wrong.
Just in case you are talking about rewards, best way would be to verify / connect to Uphold / Gemini if you’re from a region listed at

1 Like

Thanks Smarty, I suppose I mean both, I’m a novice wrt tokens & crypto, reading around I see I can “Sync” so that may be the way to go but basically I’d prefer to transfer my existing wallet & contents. Would I be right in thinking I could also simply transfer my wallet contents to uphold/gemini etc and simply create a new wallet on the new Linux install ?

Sorry i’m not able to be clearer, I do appreciate you taking the time to help :slight_smile:

No problem. We all have to start somewhere. I wasn’t knowing a lotta things when I started using Brave either, so don’t worry I’ll try helping as much as I can.

As for Brave rewards and Brave wallet, they’re both totally different and are in no way connected.
The amount you mught be seeing when you click on the BAT triangle icon in the URL bar is in your rewardswallet and not brave wallet.
To sync that balance you need to click on Verify or a button saying connect when you go to brave://rewards
By connecting to Uphold / Gemini, all your BATs shown there will transfer to your Uphold / Gemini account.

You could read the FAQ

Also one key point →
Brave Rewards is tied to Brave Private Ads. Brave Browser users who opt-in to Brave Rewards will see privacy-preserving ads in certain locations as they browse. By viewing these ads, users can earn a crypto token called the Basic Attention Token (BAT).

Brave Wallet is a tool that allows you to buy, send, manage, and swap almost any crypto asset or NFT, connect other wallets and Web3 DApps, and generally manage your whole crypto portfolio. You can store BAT you’ve earned through Brave Rewards in the Brave Wallet, but otherwise the two features are not connected.

Tbh if possible let’s do a Brave talk call. Lol.

Thanks for your help Smarty, I very much appreciated it, after trying to verify with Uphold for the last 2 hours I’ve given up and solved all of the problems, I’m done with Brave rewards, it’s an absolute shitshow.

Once again though, Thanks for taking the time, at least the folks contributing on here are helpful, even if Brave & their “partners” arent.

What error do you get?
If you elaborate we could still try solving it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks but no thanks Smarty, even with complete strangers like yourself prepared to invest their time in helping newbies out I’ve concluded that the whol Rewards/Uphold fiasco is not for me,It’s left a sour taste to be honest and I no longer view Brave or their Browser with quite the same level of enthusiasmas I did, I love the browser but will be keeping a close on it an exploring alternatives.

Thanks again though, I now consider the query closed, Take Care.

No problem! Take care, you too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.