Mouse Zoom and move not working

** Mouse zoom and pan not working (works once in a while) **

Exact URL of the website in question: Usually all this pages can be zoomed with mouse wheel and panning done while moving mouse with left button down. On these pages, it works once avery 20 or so times

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes)

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (no):

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome? Not sure, but ok with Egde and Firefox

Brave version (check About Brave): v1.47.171

1 Like

Hello there @Xtian78 , can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

I will, but can’t before another week. I will update you.
Regards

Christian Rebiffé

1 Like

@Xtian78 no worries take your time. If you experience the same issue again, please let me know.

Hi Kevin

I’m now back on my computer : i disabled "HW acceleratio"n as requested, but still get the same behavior, work once everty 100 time :frowning: can’t figure out when it will works, no specific pattern in my mouse “clicks” or gesture

FYI, it’s not specific to the site I mentionned first but it seems to all sites that use a certain “document display engine” , here is another one : https://archives.essonne.fr/ark:/28047/3f8ps94rwz06/566beeb5-a5e9-4e1c-8ba2-ead506a2fcde

Hope this helps
Regards
Xtian

1 Like

@Xtian78 could you please try opening your main profile in private or guest mode to see if zooming works? If it does, try disabling your extensions to see if this is the cause of the issue.

You can open a Guest Window by going to Main menu → Open Guest window:

1. On your computer, open Brave.
  2. At the top right, click Menu → More tools → Extensions.
  3. On to the extension you want to remove, click Remove.
  4. Confirm by clicking Remove.

Let me know if that works.

same behavior in guest mode :frowning:

Xtian

1 Like

@Xtian78 did you try disabling your extensions if you have any installed on Brave?

Yes, I tried : disabling my extensions : no change…

Can’t you reproduce yourself with the URL I gave you ? Am I the only one to experiment ?

Rgds

1 Like

@Xtian78 I’m unable to reproduce that issue on my end.

Does the error persist if you try to access any website on a new Brave profile? You can create a profile by going to Main menu → create a new profile.

Let me know if that works.

Same thing with a new profile :frowning:

1 Like

Hi there @Xtian78 please accept my apologies for the delay, are you still experiencing this same issue or it no longer appears? Please let me know.

Regards.

Sadly, still… depending on what îdo, inswich beteen firefix and brave….

Christian Rebiffé

1 Like

@Xtian78 please try installing the Beta or Nightly version of Brave to see if the issue persists on those versions.

Nothing new with the beta, but I’ve noticed something I should have noticed and told you before :

• When over the document, the mouse cursor doesn’t change shape although it should become kind of a cross to show the ability to move/drag the document shown.
  • It does change shape (to a hand) if/when I move to a clickable zone.
1 Like

@Xtian78 In this case, please try going to shields and privacy → upgrade connections to HTTPS → turn it off to see if that makes any change.

It was already set off, i tried toswitch on and off : no change (I did this on the stable version, not the beta)
Is there anyway, you could remotely debug on my PC, taking control through an app like Teamviewer ? My timezone if France/Paris.

1 Like

@Xtian78

Let me kindly inform you that I’m only able to provide assistance through this channel. I’ve shared this with our team and I’m waiting for further information on the matter. Once our team has answers, I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi there @Xtian78 are you still experiencing this same issue with Brave? If you are please let me know to see what can be done.

Yes, sadly no change… I’m using version 1.49.128
Regards