Mouse scroll wheel stops working under certain conditions

STR:
-go go google dot com, navigate to Search Settings
-check the “Open each selected result in a new browser window” checkbox, click Save
-open new window, navigate to google dot com again
-search for ‘brave browser’ (or works with any search term)
-click on any search result (like first one for brave.com)

Expected: mouse scroll wheel scrolls the page up and down in a new tab that’s opened for the search result
Actual result: mouse scroll wheel is not functional, have to use the scroll bar to scroll page (very annoying bug for people that have this setting enabled)

Environment:
Brave: 0.22.22
V8: 6.5.254.41
rev: 63033109963be0a995b3d1ed9723870beeb191c4
Muon: 5.1.2
OS Release: 17.5.0
Update Channel: Release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: macOS
Node.js: 7.9.0
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent: 65.0.3325.181

I find the scroll function (using the mouse wheel) to be extremely buggy in Brave. Many websites just stop scrolling. Mouse wheel will do nothing in this instances.

I usually close and reopen Brave. Brave deletes the cache on shutdown (depends on your settings). Any website has to be reloaded completely after I have reopened Brave. So that seems to help.

But really, since I started using Brave on Windows rather than only using it on Android devices, there is not a single day where I do not stumble upon a new annoying bug (most already known though). Come on Brave… that’s really embarrassing.

I have often recommended Brave to other people. Android users are quite happy most of the time. But people who use Brave on Windows often complain to me why I have recommended such a buggy browser to them.

This bug now appears to have been fixed. Thanks!

Brave: 0.22.714
V8: 6.6.346.26
rev: fa2fbcae947e001528bd3bd5b1c453805d419af6
Muon: 6.0.9
OS Release: 17.5.0
OS Platform: macOS
libchromiumcontent: 66.0.3359.139

Not fixed here. Many time a day while browsing I encounter websites that do not scroll. Deleting cache often helps.But nevertheless extremely annoying.

I should add my workaround: Whenever the mouse wheel does not work on a website I usually switch back to another tab and switch again to the tab not working. In most cases the mouse wheel will work after doing this.

But seriously Brave: Such an annoying bug should have been fixed long time ago. This could really be something preventing people from using Brave. And it happens - at least with - on 10 to 15 % of all websites.

Brave: 0.22.714
V8: 6.6.346.26
rev: fa2fbcae947e001528bd3bd5b1c453805d419af6
Muon: 6.0.9
OS Release: 6.1.7601
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
libchromiumcontent: 66.0.3359.139

Do you have strict site isolation enabled?

No, I have it not enabled.

I can only reproduce this bug with strict site isolation enabled.

@Brave_user does this only reproduce on certain sites?

I was trying to find any similarities between the websites on which I have encountered this problem. But so far the websites showing this problem seem not to be similar in any way I noticed.

Switching back and forth between a tab with problems and another without instantly solves the problem. After switching back to the tab where the mouse wheel did not work everything will be fine and scrolling is possible again.

I have several friends who encounter the same problem (all Windows 7 and the latest Brave release) as I do. Switching back and forth between tabs helps all of them.

Problem persists in Brave 0.22.810.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.