More often than not, when I click a link in Brave Browser, it opens a blank window on top of the main window

Description of the issue:
When I, say, open a search engine and click a link that comes up, the main browser loads as it should, but a totally blank window loads on top of it, which I have to close to continue.

How can this issue be reproduced?
It does not happen 100% of the time, but open google, do a search, click a few links until you start getting blank Brave windows on top of your main Browser window. Sometimes it happens many times in a row. Sometimes it’s not every day. I believe.

Reproducing

1. Open Browser (or it’s already open). Navigate to Google or Brave Search
  2. Search
  3. Click on any of the given links. 40-70% chance you’ll get a new, blank window on top.

Expected result:
A blank window will appear on top of my main window, requiring me to close it in order to continue.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.42.97 Chromium: 104.0.5112.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
It’s annoying. I’ve seen by looking around you’ve had this extra window issue related to many different ways in the past. I’m hoping a solution as been found.

Thank you and I really appreciate your time.
Erik

First thing I would do is disable all your extensions, if any, and see if the problem continues.

After that I would try browsing in a new profile for a few days and see if it happens in the new profile.

Let us know the results and we can go from there if it’s still an issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.