More gratification

searching with search engines leads to basically nothing on the term ‘language ban’. It did lead to webpage results on the terms ‘language’ and ‘ban’, possibly used in connection, such as ‘language getting banned’. Well, on the first (and therefore most relevant) search results page, Google search did list one article that used the term ‘language ban’. Google search’s results were the most promising. ‘Cause other search engines had zero to do with context. In my case, I searched ‘Startpage’, ‘Duckduckgo’, ‘Yandex’, ‘Searx’, ‘Search.brave’. Well, ‘Startpage’ did list the same article I got from Google search. Of course, Startpage lists Google search results. Re-surfacing an already popular original is guaranteed to be doomed to fail.
As non-Google English-language search engines surface non-context webpages, that’s what you get when searching for ‘language ban’.
Again, behemoth platforms surface through context. Again, those algorithms look for similarities, specifically between the binary numbers each content represents. The more the binary numbers are similar, the more the context is similar. It’s by comparing the context of something discovered, with the context of each of all that is undiscovered, that an algorithm can surface what is most relevant.

1 Like