Mobile Twitter Photo Upload Issue

When I go to mobile.twitter.com in the Brave mobile browser for iOS and try to post a photo, it gives me the error, “One or more images exceed the size limit and cannot be resized.” When I try to upload the same image through the iOS Twitter app or through iOS Safari, it uploads and I’m able to post it to Twitter without issue. This also happens when I turn off Brave Shields. This has occurred with every photo I’ve tried to attach to a tweet in Brave mobile. Please advise.

Version 1.9.3 (19.05.22.15)
iPhone XR, iOS 12.3.1

2 Likes

Hi @screenwriter,

Does it work with Shields down?

2 Likes

Hi @steeven.

No. I’ve tried turning off Shields and the same result occurs.

1 Like

I’ve also had this problem. Initially I thought it was image size, but like the OP posted, different browsers have no problem with the same image.

In fact, it seems to have nothing to do with image size at all, since I found images larger than the one I had trouble with work fine, and most of the file sizes were in Kb anyway. Some images work fine and some just don’t. I’ve noticed editing some images even slightly and saving them will allow them to be uploaded. I suspect it’s the way some programs create images that causes it but I’m unsure what it is. I could find a few of these troublesome images and make them available if it would help.

1 Like

It might. Probably there.

1 Like

@screenwriter could you send a screenshot of your shields settings? Wondering if it’s a fingerprinting issue. I haven’t been able to reproduce, pics are uploading fine.

1 Like

Hi @SomeDudeGuy, welcome to community!

If you were able to send one of the photos that wouldn’t upload, that would be great! So far all of my pics are uploading normally.

Thank you!

1 Like

Sure, here’s one of them. It was generated by a screenshot tool called snip-it Snip-it_1563667505047

1 Like

@anon1255531 - would you mind taking a look at this?

1 Like

same thing here but for desktop brave browser.
shields on, upload pic. that twitter error by op shows up.
tried uploading same pic on other browser, it’s okay.
turned off the brave browser shield so that twitter reloads.
all brave icon counters at zero.
upload the pic, accepted.
turned on the shield again, uploaded the pic and error shows up again.
brave icon shows 1 count for device recognition blocked.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.