Mobile Extensions API Feature Request

Assuming the API will be similar to the Chrome API (I haven’t looked yet and there’s already Kiwi) but if you could allow extension developers CORS permissions, embed any webpage in an iframe and the API will both tell the host they’re in a tab and gives the developer access to the source code directly without needing a content script…

At the moment part of the same function is available with content scripts injected into every page, communicating with the background and whatever else, but it’s clunky and requires swapping back and forth between tabs… if I could render my app without having to change the page, it would be as if the browser extension is adding to the browsers always rendered UI (like the address bar and home page)… which is important on the mobiles because of having less RAM…

If you’re going to include content scripts in your extensions API then allowing access to iframes and truly masking the x-frame-options thing wouldn’t be adding any risks that aren’t already there… it would just make some awesome extension apps much more awesome…

The internet says that it’s supposedly possible to override the x-frame options with chrome.webRequest.onHeadersReceived.addListener and I have gotten some things to work like google search but facebook still has something that breaks the page… that and content scripts weren’t loading for iframed pages either, even with the all frames attribute specified…

No response so far <3<3<3