Mobile browser changes whats typed

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Type text or numbers in search bar that have not been typed previously and the browser changes what has been typed to something that has been typed in the past. For example amazon.com/cats has been typed in the past, now i just want to go to amazon.com so thats what is typed and go is clicked but yet it resorts to changing my search to amazon.com/cats this occurs even if i use a private window. I have had this issue for the past 3 updates and the only way I have found to resolve it is to clear all browser cache but then that also logs me out of whatever websites I’m logged in to and I have to continue to clear browser cache multiple times per day to keep this issue from occurring.

2. Another example I’ve been previously been to 192.168.1.125 which would be say a local webcam but now i want to go to 192.168.1.1 which would be my router login page so thats what i type and then i click ok but the browser decides to change what i type and searches for 192.168.1.125 instead of the 192.168.1.1 that typed pressed ok and wanted to go to.

Expected result:

To search exactly what i type and not search what I don’t type.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Brave 1.52.126, Chromium 114.0.5735.133

Mobile Device details

Android 11; Build/RP1A.200720.012

Additional Information:

1. I have turned off autocomplete.

2. I have no suggestions turned on.

3. I have went through the settings page numerous times and have not found a setting to fix this.

4. I have read forums and google and still no help.

5. I have been in the technology industry for about 15 years so I’m definitely not new to tech.

Edit:

I’ve also checked out brave://flags but that doesn’t mean I didn’t overlook a setting somewhere and all those are currently set to default.

This happens when you are typing a word that has already been typed.

Google

It doesn’t show the suggested word or that it changes the word while you type or after you click out of the browser search bar leaving what was typed. The only time it reflects that it didn’t accept what was written is whenever the search button has been pressed to take you to the specific web address that was typed and you wind up at a page that wasnt typed in (although you’re correct it does take me to pages I’ve went to before and the only fix I’ve found is to clear my cache several times per day)

For example if I go to a amazon…com and then click a hyperlink from that homepage (amazon…com/cats) and then another hyperlink from that page (amazon…com/cat_toys) then close out the brave browser including closing the Brave browser through my open phone apps and then I reopen Brave browser go to the search bar type in Amazon…com and then click go it will take/redirect me to the last link I clicked on (amazon…com/cat_toys) which is what was last visited before I closed my browser when it should’ve taken me to amazon…com as it was the only thing I typed befofe hitting enter and nothing else shows in the search bar after I type in the web address I’m trying to go to.

Hopefully that helps clarify a bit more, thank you for the reply!

Edit: Punctuation correction (added a dot (.))for clarification and to ensure uniformity on the web adresses since only 4 hyperlinks can be posted for new members.

Edit 2: Reworded section two for a bit more clarification.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.