Missing Rewards Again

I have been using Brave for some time now. But this month, I never got my rewards. The website says I received my rewards, but they’re not in my uphold account, nor are they in my wallet. Let me make this clear: The ONLY reason I use Brave at all is because of the rewards. Now, 1) I’m not receiving my rewards, 2) My rewards are not being deposited in my Uphold account, 3) AND I can’t verify my account even though it has already been verified. So my question is, why should I keep using Brave? So you can show me ads I’m not getting paid for? If someone else is reading this and you’re thinking about downloading Brave, I’d hold off until you see if they fix this issue>

How so? You’re kind of being generic there. But if you’re saying can’t verify, then suggests there’s a problem. It also would probably answer the issue of you saying you didn’t receive your payment. Obviously if it’s telling you it’s not verified, then wouldn’t pay to Uphold. If you’re flagged, would even make more sense on not getting a payment.

So how about giving more information?

As you said, been using Brave for some time now. This is your first issue. Quite sad you’re going all explosive on this without even reaching out to support. Kind of suggests you’re already aware of whatever is going on.

People get paid all the time. They usually fix issues too when they happen. You act like payments don’t happen, but here:

Photos 1_10_2023 00_26_18

Photos 1_10_2023 00_26_49

Photos 1_10_2023 00_45_24

NOTE If confused why multiple payments each month, one is from Rewards and the others from Creators.

Now, how about you do what you’re supposed to? When you created this topic, it generated a topic and requested information from you. You decided to delete the template and posted a bunch of useless info. How about you provide the following:

Briefly describe your issue:

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Is your Brave Rewards Profile currently verified? (yes/no)

What date did you connect a your Brave Rewards Profile?

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices?

That aside, also will say typically payment related issues go through Rewards Support Ticket if you want assistance.

Well, aren’t we self righteous, Mr “Community Ninja”. Tell me, is this an official title? Do you have to progress through the ranks of ninja? Is this like a black belt, or green?
" * Constructive criticism is welcome, but criticize ideas, not people." - Your rules, not mine.
–So how about giving more information?
Sure! What do you want? How about I give you my wallet password, would that help? Or, I could give you my address, the keycode to the alarm system, and what times I’m usually home. Or better yet, I’ll just post the routing number and account number of my checking account.

Of course I am already aware of whatever is going on, I DIDN’T GET PAID.

Ok, “Community Ninja” we’ll try this your way.

Who knows, it’s your browser, not mine.

I already told that I couldn’t verify my account, what part didn’t you understand?

Really? REALLY? Of course I remember the date I connected to my Brave Rewards Profile. We had cake and ice cream to celebrate this momentous event. We marked on the calendar so we would remember and be sure to celebrate it.

No, but what does that have to do with anything? You’re paying me to look at ads, not track me. How ironic that a browser that sells itself as a private browser doesn’t want me using a VPN.

Again, I’m not intentionally trying to make you look dumb, but the fact that I had received rewards in the past should answer this question.

N/A

The first thing I did. If I’m going to use this browser to earn crypto currency, the last thing I’m going to do is give it away.
Look, believe it or not, I’m a nice guy. I don’t like the idea at all of posting messages in communities in order to get answers. Why should I ask other users to speculate on answers that can only come from developers? I dislike, I hate social media. But here I am being forced to use something, that makes me post personal information for the whole world to see, just to get some answers. So let’s make a deal. Forget this post, forget about me. I’ll forfeit my last $5 or whatever Brave owes me. I’ll uninstall this browser and go back to my Chrome.

Review what I said. None of it attacked you.

Though you did just attack me.

It told you where to look. You’ll also notice it asked what OS you’re using. So your attitude here is going to prevent assistance. I’m not even going to waste any more time.

You’ll either need to provide the information request or complete the Rewards Support Ticket. If you’d rather continue being combative and not provide any information, then that’s fine. You’re the only one who is going to have the consequences.

Problems happen, sometimes it takes time to fix. You do need to be willing to do slightly more than complain though. File a ticket, they will get back to you.

1 Like

Hi Misled

I think you’ve probably put in a support ticket by now but had a few problems with a previously verified custodian myself and just proffering this info in case it helps at all, because it resolved the issue for me:

If you’ve been asked by Brave to confirm your country, you need to put in the country associated with the ID used to verify with Uphold/Gemini, which will not necessarily (as in my case) be the country that you are actually in. I live across two supported regions and chose the country I was in at the time, not the one on my ID. If this is something you have done, my fix was to reset/reinstall Brave and start again, selecting the country associated with my ID.

As for @Saoiray, he is not an employee of Brave just a regular user like you and me who takes time out to volunteer and help out here in the community forum. If it weren’t for @Saoiray we wouldn’t have a clue what was going on most of the time, he really goes out of his way to mediate between the users and Brave devs to try and resolve things. He was only trying to help you bro. :slight_smile:

You can see your OP, current Brave Version, connection date etc. by going here: brave://rewards-internals/.

Its not the Brave doesn’t want you to use a VPN, they have one of their own, but sometimes VPNs are known to cause issues.

Its worth keeping an eye on supported regions as they do change and there have been quite a few other changes in recent months. I’ve been on this for years but a few months ago support was withdrawn for my current location and many other countries, resulting in many no longer receiving rewards. Support has since been reinstated for mine and some (but not all) of the other locations. Also Gemini recently stopped supporting users outside the US.

I don’t know your location or which custodian you use, but your post made me laugh and hopefully something I have offered up here is of use. Brave really is better than Chrome if you can put up with the odd hitch like this and remember that they’re a relatively new company with limited resources compared to Google.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.