Missing fund and overdue contributions

Over the past few months I have had my funds in brave browsers marked as overdue. However sometime recently the funds that existed were no longer there and were replaced with a lower amount of BAT. They never appeared to have transferred to the uphold exchange nor the Brave publishers account. What simply happened is the funds became lover and it’s still marked as overdue. If someone could assist in correcting and providing in explanation than that would be great.

Hi @AnimaterCreator

I think you’ve encountered this issue: https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/13156

There are many, many comments on there, but I think the recent comments (at the bottom) from evq and nejczdovc will be the most useful to you.

Additionally, you can go to your ledger-state.json file, locate the paymentId, and private message it to me. I can ask a teammate to review on the server - I’ll ask them to take a look to see about the lower balance.

Best,
Lauren

Didn’t really help.

You know, i’m sure someone who knows what a “ledger-state.json” file is would be able to understand how to do this. However the average user such as myself does not know what that is, how to access it, or how to message it to you.

I think you should you just contact the team about this though. I missed like 2 months payments I believe.

This is an explanation of what happened to the expired grants: https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/13156#issuecomment-393372043

Since your balance went down (which is not expected if a contribution was not made), then we can investigate your wallet server-side with the paymentId. This is found in a file (ledger-state.json) your brave profile folder. This file contains information pertaining to your Brave wallet on your machine.

Here is the location of the brave profile folder on various OS-es:

macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/brave
Windows: %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\brave
Linux: ~/.config/brave

To get the paymentId, you navigate to your brave profile folder. Open ledger-state.json (you can just use a text editor, you will NOT be saving any changes to this file). Search for paymentId and copy this value.

Luckily, messaging a user on this forum is quite simple. You click on the person’s name, and a popup like this will display:

Click on the blue Message button and you have opened up a message with the person.

I don’t know what you mean by this - you mean for two months your contribution was overdue and never contributed from the browser? If so, that’s handled by the issue linked above. If this is something else, I’ll need more information.

Can you elaborate on the economics of contributions and how if one is not made by me how it lowers my BAT? Also can you elaborate on how if I make a contribution it raises my BAT as well?

When I made my last post I wasn’t merely asking “how to message” but more so how to send a “ledger-state.json” file in a message. However since you took the time to screenshot a picture of my account it now makes me notice that I need to update my bio starting with the “changelly” link.

Hi @AnimaterCreator

We don’t need your entire ledger-state.json. You’re welcome to send it if you want, but it’s not necessary at this time.

re: economics of contributions, if you did not make a contribution, your balance should not have gone down. However, that’s what you claim happened. AFAIK the only way we can investigate this is with the paymentId from ledger-state.json.

Lauren

lol

Okay that makes more sense. I’ll send a pm.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.