Missing brave rewards payout for december and november

Hi, I still have the same amount i received back in october, but i have had no rewards from november and december now. I use the gemini wallet. it is verified. i have had to reverify multiple times because sometimes it disappears. last night the rewards said i had 1 something bats coming and prior to that was a slightly larger amount. granted, these are small but its a little confusing why i have not received them in the gemini wallet. but today i checked, payouts have been made, and nothing was inputted into the gemini wallet. this leads me to believe that maybe gemini wallet is the culprit or perhaps this is actually a scam of a browser idea, which is unfortunate considering I have been a long time fan of Brendan Eich.

The unfortunate part is that when they make the payouts, the amounts disappear entirely, including the rewards history gets purged. It is odd, but there must be some kind of discrepancy relating to wallets and brave rewards and the purging of rewards history data. This is where it seems odd, and makes it seem like brave is more of a scam is when the rewards history disappears. So I have been testing this on my android phone which is an lg v60, and my computer, which is located here minus the 3080 gpu: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dpzWMv

Both devices, mobile and desktop, are missing brave rewards payouts. Perhaps this is more desktop related from what i see, but apparently this is also an issue on mobile devices, albeit from what i see, is much smaller compared to desktop users.

Does the development team have any idea on what is happening, because this is a widespread issue both on the community and noticeable at reddit as well. This is not a small problem, I mean thousands of people are having this issue.

Regardless, having no rewards will not prevent me from using brave, I will still use it. It was just the bonus that really made me turn over to brave and with that missing, its basically feeling like its just another chrome browser with a little built in privacy (which is surely nice, but the cherry on top is most welcome lol).

From what i see, the team wants rewards history information before they will pay out, which is what i see in the community from staff members or moderators. The issue is, if the information is purged the same time and date as the payout, then they cannot be compensated.

Will this problem be fixed or is there a fix that involves not using gemini? Are we being coerced into using braves own wallet and gemini being deprecated or something?

final edit: from what i see, the dev team is actively not responding to many of these reward posts, which is a shame.

3 Likes

No update? A journalist from CNN is interested in taking up the news about this. They contacted me and may be contacting others. Stay diligent folks

2 Likes

This is embarrassing for the Brave Community. The moderators are least interested to reply and solve this issue. I would have quit using Brave if my rewards were pending for more than 2 months.

@moderators - can you please look into this ?

2 Likes

I have Uphold, and also no rewards. Did say I was due 5 BAT before Jan 1st. And YES, deleting ad history and this not being programmatically done, without third party corporations in the middle makes it largely a wasted effort, as the banksters still maintain control over this system through gatekeeping funds.

Hi @trivenge, thank you for reporting! Please DM with the following information:

• Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals)
  • Your OS and Brave version (first three lines in brave://version)
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in Settings --> Brave Rewards.

This will help to speed up the troubleshooting. Thank you in advance!

Please check your inbox I already text you…please help us

@Akash12 based on our DM your issue is regarding Creators, which have not yet begin to process. Please follow here - January Creators Payment.