Missing Bat coins from November

Briefly describe your issue:
I have a computer that I use brave browser with, it was connected to Gemini account, however this computer did not receive any bats (between 2-3). There is another computer I use, also connected to the same Gemini account mentioned above, did receive its bat coins. I disconnected (on December 10th) Gemini from the computer with the issue after I didn’t receive coins on it. I’m wondering why that happened and if I can get the amount earned from it?

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)? Windows 10 and
Version 1.32.115 Chromium: 96.0.4664.93 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no) Yes it is. Have it on two computers, one got money and one did not.

What date did you verify your wallet? November 19, 2021

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? This was my first payout, received on one computer, received on all phones that are not connected. Didn’t receive on one computer.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no) No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)? Yes

Does your device pass the [SafteyNet] Yes (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.freeandroidtools.safetynettest&hl=en_US&gl=US) check (Android only)?

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold?? Yes auto-contribute is off and I don’t have a Uphold account. Only one computer is connected to Gemini now.

I am having the same issue. Hoping this issue is fixed soon. It’s the second time I’ve missed out on rewards.

Hi @husdaman welcome to Community :smiley:

We are working on a fix to resolve this matter. Hang tight!