Missing BAT after update

thanks for the info, I hope they’ll fix it for us

1 Like

your lucky, i didn’t get anything back … thinking of just disabling brave rewards since they spam us with ads, and then our BAT goes missing every now and then …

I mean for a company who does advertisement and pays users for advertisement, allowing such a update to even be released shows a major flaw about the company, and makes me doubt how serious they are about what they do

1 Like

Same. more 20BAT, then 0.000000 when update new version. lol

brave is still a very new platform, their is bound to be hick-ups f**k-ups. I personally have faith in brave and support what they are trying to do, everybody should be paid for the online content, i think in time brave will improve and everybody who got in early will reap huge rewards when BAT goes to the moon in the crypto market. stay the long -run move BAT out of your brave browser every month to a wallet, (coinbase) has great facilities for exp and noobs for storing your crypto. hope u get your bat back bud and we are all gonna make a tidy profit by next April-may 2021.

This is directed primarily to @Mattches but may be of use to others…

TL;DR “Completely uninstall everything (refer to img below) and then re-verify new wallet and restore from old” caveat … you may lose BAT so be careful or wait for fixed update.

I recently tried to verify my wallet within the Brave browser. Got stuck in what I see now as “the infamous loop” from what I can see in the forum and GIT.

After looking about and following numerous steps I finally managed to get verified but ultimately at the cost of “losing” my BAT in the process.

My resulting efforts were basically as follows:

Download latest version of Brave. Completely uninstall the old version using my copy of App Cleaner (I’d recommend btw) which got rid of a whole host of files. Just deleting the Brave browser didn’t do it.

The resulting files were:

This then enabled me to complete an installation of a fresh version (latest) of Brave.
This was enough for the new version to be completely fresh with the ability to create a new wallet which I then proceeded to restore my previous wallet and go through the verification process which low and behold worked! I now had a verified wallet … however before you bring out the balloons and whistles I realised that my wallet (after being restored) was completely empty, save a pending amount to be added on March 5th. So, what has happened to my balance??

I can only speculate … albeit, I realise there are a few issues surrounding these problems which hopefully will be sorted soon, but it’s not giving me confidence in Brave. I know it’s a fairly young app but giving that this is financial transactional data surely a version shouldn’t be rolled out until completely and fully tested.

@Mattches I have DM’d you my “rewards internals” but I suspect this may not be of any help as the info is different to my original wallet but I would hope that the files i still have from deleting the original may still be of help. Also, I have screenshots of my wallet with the total before doing the re-install.

If you need anything else then refer to the list above and I can send the appropriate file.

Thanks.

1 Like

like I said before, I can not use the uphold wallet, as they won’t allow me to verify my identity, as I don’t have a drivers licence, or a passport, and they seem to reject a valid personal ID card because it is in cyrilic so in reality, I can not use wallets at all, and I surely wont make a new personal ID just because Uphold are nationalists

Just an FYI to the above post. (here)

My wallet has now been updated (as of 5 Mar) during the latest run with what I can more or less work out as being my old wallet from old installation plus Feb’s rewards so all good so therefore it has successfully been restored (unless someone has manually added the info) with the total correct balance going forward and also successfully been added to my uphold account that has been verifed so all good on the rewards front.

1 Like

That sucks. Have you sent an actual message to their support with any error messages. I’m sure they could manually do it. If not, then that definitely sucks.

uphold support

i still cant get my BAT in my uphold wallet , everything is done and verified but my uphold account still says i have no bat in my wallet, if there any brave support that read this could they please look over my account, or if anybody knows how to rectify this please reply, much thanks

no, they “can’t manually verify my id as their validation system is automated” rofl … what a bunch of junk

so @Matches I am wondering whats going on here, since you told me to send a email, i sent 2, no reply, it’s been 28 days … then you told me to send you a PM, i sent you 2 PM’s, no reply?

Hi, I think you’re talking to the wrong Matches. There’s another guy called @Mattches who posted earlier.

getting sick of brave my wallet has been emptied yet again, i got no support help lastime and now again my bat is gone, how can u advertise as a rival to anything if u keep stealing peoples hard earned tokens, im needing help support on how to get this bat back or im gonna just leave brave as it will clearly of proven to me as a complete con, if support just ignore my pleas again.

your not the only one who got ripped off, and who support completly ignored

FYI, this is a documented bug at this time.

@bornslippy @kronikpillow (and anyone else i missed), if you haven’t already, please send me a PM with the details from your brave://rewards-internals page as well as the amount of BAT you had lost.

@Asad I have contacted refunds@brave.com 2 times with no reply from that email and no refund, I have also contacted @Mattches via DM with the details of rewards-internals and also no reply, so I guess 4th time is the charm, sending u now

I have same problem. I got rewards last couple month but this month ( March 2020), I didnt get any credit for BAT reward while using browser and click ads. Can you let me know what the problem. I didnt change any setting. Still the same from the begining but didnt get any reward.

and several months after my first initial complaint regarding losing my bat, still no reply from Brave support, I think Brave is in for some bad reputation, Linux reviewers have already started making videos about it :slight_smile: It took them 3 months to reply to my first email, and after the first reply they started again to ghost me :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.