Migrate Brave Profiles from Windows to Linux

Good day,

Description of the issue: I have a lot of unique browser profiles, historically when reinstalling Windows 10 I would just copy over the entire “C:\Users\usernameHere\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser” directory and go on my way but this time it’s a bit different. The directory in Windows 10 doesn’t play well with the structure of the Linux(specifically Ubuntu) directory and isn’t as simple as a drag and drop.

Is there any way users can perform this migration without the headache of either recreating a quintillion profiles with their unique settings and or creating new sync chains for each?
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Close browser(s)
  2. Attempt to migrate Windows 10 Brave browser profiles/directory to an Ubuntu based distribution
  3. Sad

Expected result: I guess I wasn’t really expecting much

Brave Version (Linux): Version 1.26.74 Chromium: 91.0.4472.124 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Brave Version (Windows 10): Version 1.26.74 Chromium: 91.0.4472.124 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Any help/ideas are appreciated. If such a migration isn’t possible, maybe I could raise a feature request but I don’t really know if it’s reasonable to raise such a niche requirement.

Cheers,

1 Like

Have you tried copying the user folder? Just guessing.

that’s right linux completely support brave

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.