Microphone is not working in brave browser

Hello Brave Support,
I would like to inform you that in brave browser microphone is not working on any website so it may be possible there is an issue inside the brave browser can check it bad by going to google.com and use the speak feature it always shows no Internet connection when I already connected Internet.
We want to use Google meet or Skype then we need to use audio as well but when we choose brave because the microphone is not working it we can’t use those apps or websites.

Environment: V1.17.73 Chromium: 87.0.4280.67 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Kubuntu 20.04 LTS

I can confirm this is happening to me too, both with Google Meet, Big Blue Button and other chat sites. My webcam is working fine and the microphone is seen when connecting to these sites using the same system with Firefox.

I note that I am never asked if I want to enable my microphone, while I was asked about enabling the webcam.

(Trying to post a screenshot but it’s saying “Your post contains a word that’s not allowed:”)

Confirmed. Any usage of clientside webkit speech recognition seems to fail with internet connection issues. Tested on dictation.io and Google Docs.

These problems don’t occur on Chrome. I wonder if this is a licensing issue, and Brave is not allowed to make use of the built-in Chromium Speech Recognition.

Windows 10
Version 1.17.75 Chromium: 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.