Metamask - on v0.23.31 for macOS - slows down Brave after extended use, becomes unusable

performance

Edit: I’m not sure that I can consistently reproduce it. Now that I’m trying it, I’m wondering if it’s the dapps trying to interact with Metamask that is overloading Brave, and not Metamask itself. I’m not sure what is slowing it down sometimes, now.

I’ve recently begun using Metamask for some dapps. I normally have around 10-15 tabs open, and about 5 of them dapp tabs. After interacting with Metamask for about 7 transactions or so and surfing around, Brave starts to eat up CPU, and whenever I try to pull up Metamask, it starts to never finish rendering the window whenever I click on the icon. Every time, I have to restart Brave completely, which causes me to have to reload all my tabs (even though they are saved, have to go into each one to reload).

Is there a memory leak involving Metamask? I saw my CPU spike up to over 100% when this happens, and it only fixes after I quit Brave and restart. Anyone using Metamask extensively on macOS experiencing this issue?

How to reproduce:

1. Have 10 tabs open, 5 of them dapps. For example, DEX’s.
  2. Interact with them. Make bids on exchanges?
  3. Open Metamask and click on previous transactions to view on Etherscan in new tabs.
  4. Surf the web some more
  5. Repeat until Metamask window takes progressively longer to render when prompted to open upon trying to fill a smart contract.
Brave 0.23.31
V8 6.7.288.46
rev 3148ace
Muon 7.1.5
OS Release 16.7.0
Update Channel Release
OS Architecture x64
OS Platform macOS
Node.js 7.9.0
Brave Sync v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent 67.0.3396.103

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.