Messages Android website problem

It seems that https://messages.android.com has a popup error when one visits the website with brave.

It says “Pairing ERROR: An error has occurred. Click OK to refresh the page to try again.”

Hi @astzor!

This is happening because your Brave shields are up and you have them blocking 3rd party cookies.
To fix this, simply open your shields panel (lion icon on the top right), click the “cookie control” drop down menu and select “Allow all cookies”. The website would load normally :slight_smile:

Your shields settings are specific to each website, so when you run into a situation where a website is not functioning or loading properly, consider adjusting the shields settings for it!

Hope this helps!

Thank you for tell me this!

You’re very welcome!

Thank you for supporting Brave :slight_smile:

I was in the same boat, but XDA has a tutorial to force enable it if you have root.

I just got it working on my Pixel XL on 8.1 and it’s working great. I may have to end up finally switching back from using Textra with Join to Messages.

–edit: I seem to lose access when I reboot my phone. I have to go back and change the flags again for it to work again. I hope Google fully deploys soon. While I hardly ever reset my phone, it’s a bit annoying to have to change the flags every time for now.

Minecraft Pocket Edition Counter-Strike Google Play Services