Menu Access Keys missing underline display

Menu Access Keys missing The visual underline of accelerator access keys within menus for Brave are missing. I’m using Linux. Ubuntu. This problem has been around for a long time, probably over a year. I hope there is some setting I can adjust to restore them, because this is a massive time saver.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Use your mouse to right-click on an image.
  2. The mouse menu will appear, showing command options.
  3. There is no underlined letters within the option. It is missing the accelerator keys.

Expected result: When displaying the mouse menu, the available commands should have at least a single letter underlined. For example, ‘Save Image’ should have the letter letter ‘v’ underlined.

Brave Version: v1.49.120 (Mar 9, 2023)

Additional Information: The keys can still be typed and will perform their action. For example, ‘Save Image’ still works with the letter ‘v’ on my system. It will trigger saving. However the display is no longer there. This is the same problem for the general Brave which can be accessed by the three flat lines button.

1 Like

Hi there @CliffD please accept my apologies for this inconvenience. Are these underlines from the access keys missing from other Chromium based browsers such as Chrome or Edge?

Wow, okay. There are none in Chromium. This is probably not a Brave issue. Thank you for asking me that question.

1 Like

@CliffD my pleasure, on this case I kindly suggest you search if there’s an extension that will allow you to set those underlines again.

If you have other concerns, please let me know.
Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.