Medium.com Login

Hi Brave team,

I have always issues with medium.com. Every time I go to their website, I login via Twitter but it doesn’t stay logged in - so in fact I’m never logged in then and can’t use medium.com via Brave.

Please fix, thanks
Christoph

Hi @awchristoph

Is the problem that you’re not logged in or that the site isn’t displaying correctly for you to login?

Thanks,
Lauren

I log in via Twitter, then the page shows me that I successfully logged in to Twitter, then it redirects me to the medium page but still I’m not logged in. this happens repeatedly.

Thanks,
Christoph

Thanks @awchristoph

Could you please provide the following information so I can investigate further?

1. Your Brave version.
  2. Your operating system version (Windows 7, OS X 10.11.6, Ubuntu 16.04 for example). Or if you’re on Android or iOS.
  3. The Shield settings you have for both medium.com and twitter.

Lauren

Have you tried allowing third party cookies on both Twitter and Medium? That usually seems to help with a bunch of these problems.

Thanks, the cookie issue solved it.

can’t log-into a medium site without shields-down
if you have a medium account

1. visit an off-site medium story (like this one )

2. try and log-in: can’t
    3, turn off ad blocking: still can’t

3. turn off cookie blocking; still can’t

4. shields down… Now can log in.

Brave: 0.19.14
rev: b051f3dbd1be9b2e997cd585cb19eaa934006713
Muon: 4.4.19
libchromiumcontent: 61.0.3163.79
V8: 6.1.534.32
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: Beta
OS Platform: macOS
OS Release: 17.0.0
OS Architecture: x64

I can confirm this problem. Medium is one of the sites that breaks Brave. If you read any blog that’s hosted by Medium, then you can’t stay logged into Medium. The only workaround is to use the orange lion menu to set “Shields Down” for both Medium itself and the blog that you were trying to read.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.