(Me Too) BAT rewards disappeared when linking Gemini account

A few hours ago when I verified my Gemini wallet in Brave Rewards and connected Brave to my Gemini account… I instantly lost my entire ad earned Brave Rewards BAT balance and no BAT were transferred to my Gemini account (Gemini zero BAT balance).

I downloaded my whole Brave Rewards Log and every line for today Nov 14 contains “PM:ERROR:”. After a Brave employee response to this post I can provide all of the log lines.

I also checked https://etherscan.io/token/0x0d8775f648430679a709e98d2b0cb6250d2887ef
and it shows that my Gemini Wallet has zero BAT. Unfortunately, I’m not experienced enough/didn’t have enough time to figure out how to view more of the transaction that should have taken place.

The amount of my earned BAT apparently lost today due to connecting Brave to my Gemini wallet is small compared to my exchange (not Gemini) purchased BAT, but to have my ad earned BAT financial assets completely disappear is most disturbing and it has caused me to – for now – lose nearly all confidence in the security and overall business of Brave/BAT. Further, what a huge waste of my time.

Today my liking of Brave and BAT has gone from a 10++/10 to a 2/10. I’m so disappointed because I was truly a champion of Brave and BAT and almost daily extolled its virtues. Please help!!

Thanks!

**I use MacOS 10.14.6, I’m in the USA, and I’ve accumulated several BAT via Brave ads since November 2020.

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
YES

What date did you verify your wallet?
14 NOV 2021 (in USA)

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
N/A

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
NO

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
YES

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
N/A

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
N/A

1 Like

(OP please forgive me if this pings you and brings you to excitement about your situation.)

I’m also in this same boat, it has been 7 days for me with no change :frowning:

s your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
YES

What date did you verify your wallet?
8th NOV 2021 (in AUS)

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
N/A

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
NO

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
YES

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
N/A

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
N/A

1 Like

Brave blocked withdraw from Gemini more 2 days. just waiting man!

This isn’t the same issue he is describing…

1 Like

UPDATE: This afternoon (2 days after my original post) my Brave Rewards ad earned BAT was transferred to my Gemini account (7 transfers representing each month I earned BAT on Brave). Everything is good in the 'hood now! So if you connect your Gemini wallet to Brave, just chill out and don’t expect a reappearance of the missing BAT for 2 - 3 days. Balance has been restored and I’m once again one of the biggest fans of Brave/BAT.

1 Like

Yeah, I gave @Angielina a pass on her post since her hot pic was the only thing that made me feel better about my Brave/BAT/Gemini misfortune and this board

@TeMaskedMaori
I contacted Gemini right after my post and unlike Brave a Gemini guy emailed me promptly and assured me that my BAT would transfer within 48 hours of the wallet connection.

Maybe writing to Gemini helped out??

Here’s what I wrote and where:

On Nov 14, 6:37 PM:

I connected my Brave Rewards Wallet to my new Gemini account and now all my BAT have disappeared from Brave and do not show on Gemini. Please help!

Submitted from: https://support.gemini.com/hc/en-us/articles/4406012542107-How-do-I-connect-my-Gemini-account-to-my-Brave-Rewards-Wallet-

Brave needs to take a page from Gemini’s customer support!!!

Gemini’s Response:

Gemini support@gemini.com|Mon, Nov 15, 1:26 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your patience.

Your balance can take up to 48 hours to transfer over to Gemini.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let me know and I’ll be happy to help!

Onward and Upward,
Jeff

Thanks for that i will try and will update with any progress.

i emailed Gemini and they told me its a brave issue and to contact them. gemini was great and quick to respond so following their suggestion i messaged brave team who gave me thanks and i havent heard back since… its been 13 days sofar…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.