Maybe Listen to My Search

How many times do I have to redo my search before you realize that what you’re giving me IS NOT WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR. “fix uneven sides on ruched drawstring dress, no sewing” DOES NOT MEAN GIVE ME TUTORIALS ON HOW TO SEW. No matter how I phrase it YOU GUYS KEEP GIVING ME INFORMATION ON SEWING IT WHEN I AM CLEARLY LOOKING FOR OTHER INFORMATION.

I am SO sick of these freaking search engines NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO THE ACTUAL SEARCH TERMS USED AND JUST HANDING OUT INFORMATION THAT IS IRRELEVANT TO THE ACTUAL QUESTION. “NO SEWING” means NO FREAKING SEWING. The dress is ALREADY SEWN, I DON’T NEED INFORMATION ON HOW TO SEW IT. THAT’S WHY I KEEP SAYING NO SEWING, WITHOUT SEWING, OR JUST OMITTING THE WORD SEW IN THE FIRST PLACE.

1 Like

Hey @athenii !

I totally get it - sometimes search engines don’t give us what we’re looking for, and that can be frustrating. But let’s see if I can explain why this happens in a simple way!

You know, search engines use special computer programs called algorithms to find information on the internet. These algorithms look at things like the words you type and how popular certain websites are. But sometimes, they can misunderstand what you’re asking for, which leads to not-so-helpful results.

But don’t worry! There are some tricks you can try to make your search more accurate. You can use advanced search techniques and filters. For example, if you want to fix your dress without sewing, you can put the words “no sewing” in quotation marks when you search. This tells the search engine that you only want results about fixing the dress without sewing. So you can try searching for something like “fix uneven sides on ruched drawstring dress, “no sewing”” to make it better!

I hope this helps explain why you’re having trouble finding the right information. Don’t forget to try those advanced search techniques and filters.

If you have more questions or need more help, just let me know.

Take care!