Marriott - Sign In

Marriott Website Blocking

Based on the instructions followed in the post linked above I got marriott.com to work. Unfortunately, I am unable to use the Sign In. The fields for username and password are not enabled/editable.

Does enabling script blocking remove the ability to enter information?

macOS: 10.13.6

Brave: 0.24.0
V8: 6.9.427.23
rev: f657f15bf7e0e0c50a2b854c6b05edb59bfc556c
Muon: 8.1.6
OS Release: 17.7.0
Update Channel: Release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: macOS
Node.js: 7.9.0
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent: 69.0.3497.100

Hi @jadiaz,
Yes, enabling Block Scripts will stop you from being able to fill out the required form fields to sign in. Allow scripts to be run and the site should function as expected.

Hello Mattches - if I allow scripts then I’m back to square one, marriott.com not rendering as indicated in Marriott Website Blocking post.

@jadiaz, apologies, had to go back and reread the thread.
It looks like they’ve changed they way their ads are displayed. I’ll have to look into how to workaround this without being exposed to ads/tracking. But for now, it looks like you have to allow both scripts and Ads/Tracking in order to sign in. Panel should look like this:

Since I’m not a member and don’t have an account, I was unable to test, but once you’re logged in, try enabling Block Scripts and Block Ads/Tracking options in Shields and see if you can still navigate the website.

@Mattches - as you directed, I switched Ad Control to Allow Ads and Tracking, logged in then switched back to Block Ads/Tracking and enabled Block Scripts to view site.

Seems like a lot of hoops to jump through.

Hopefully there is a better way to render this site in the future :wink:

1 Like

Sorry for the gymnastics required! I’m glad that it is working though! We appreciate you reaching out. As mentioned before, I’m going to go over this with the team to see if we can find a way around their shenanigans.

I’m going to mark this as solved and close the topic. If you have any additional questions or concerns feel free to create a new topic. Thank you!