MacOS Catalina Not Displaying Ads

Description of the issue:
No ads are displaying on MacOS Catalina for either Brave or Brave Nightly. I know there are a couple other MacOS posts and while I did not want to duplicate a topic I posted this because I initially started troubleshooting because I have lost the ability to view or not view ads even though they are still displaying in my 7 day ad history as if I viewed them.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open Brave or Brave Nightly and browse the web for at least an hour

Expected result:
To see ads pop up to provide the opportunity to either view the ad or not view the ad

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Brave Version: Version 0.69.135 Chromium: 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Brave Nightly Version: Version 0.72.90 Chromium: 78.0.3904.50 (Official Build) nightly (64-bit)

Additional Information:
The interesting thing to me is I am seeing ads that say they have displayed in the 7 day ad history. I can still interact with the history in terms of thumbs up/down or like/not like the ad category. I do not have sync enabled and I have completely reinstalled both Brave and Brave Nightly during my testing.

The other thing I have noticed through testing is the current stable version of Brave (Brave Version) above is using what I would consider a normal amount of resources however the Brave Nightly version is using an abundance of resources when simply sitting on the DuckDuckGo.com homepage. No other tabs are open outside of Brave Rewards(brave://rewards) and I closed and reopened Brave Nightly to make sure a previous website did not have an issue with a script. Below is a screenshot of Activity Monitor showing Brave Nightly using high resources. My fan is constantly running on 2018 Macbook Pro with 16GB of RAM.

Just to note I am only showing the top three processes sorted by CPU %.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Upgrade to Catalina stopped rewards