MacOS Auto-fill passwords

Hello,
Is it possible for Brave browser, on MacOS to make use of the MacOS password manager (password found system preferences) to autofill in passwords, and MFA?

Thanks

@RobLW,
Can you be more specific about what you mean when you say “make use of”? Do you mean use the macOS keychain as a password manager in the browser? If so the answer is no – keychain password information is not available to apps outside of the Apple ecosystem. That said, there is an iCloud passwords extension you can use.

Hi @Mattches ,
unfortunately that browser extension only works for windows users.
Yes I think you are correct in identifying it as the keychain, although I was thinking that the Password app in Preferences was different. If you have access to MacOS you can type “passwords” or go to Preferences → Passwords which is a new UI that IOS has had for a while I believe. or you can type “keychain access.app” in spotlight to access passwords, certificates etc which is the old-school method I believe.

I don’t know Swift, or c++ (or much coding full stop) but guessing there is no support to pull in Swift classes such as found here? Security Interface | Apple Developer Documentation

Thanks for your fast responses though.

Unlikely but I can reach out to our macOS folks for confirmation.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.