Mac Os: High Sierra - Zero adverts/ Zero BAT gains

Latest version of Brave browser from official website installed approximately 5/6 hours ago.
Mac Os version: High Sierra 10.13.6

The problem is that absolutely no ads are being displayed - except sponsored backgrounds/ images but zero BAT is gained when viewing or clicking on adverts.

5 ads per hour is in selected on brave rewards settings.
Scripts are not blocked.

Please assist. :woozy_face:

@Mark.Davies95,
Thanks for reaching out. On your OS, can you go to System Preferences --> Notifications and ensure that Brave is allowed to display push notifications?

Also, taken from our Ads troubleshooting page here on Community:

Before we jump into troubleshooting issues, it seems that there may be a slight misconception about the goals and the way in which the Brave Ads feature is designed. This misconception generally takes the form of:

“When I opt in to Brave Ads, my browser will show me ads whenever I use it.”*

This is not entirely true. In reality, this statement should be:

“When I opt in to Brave Ads, my browser will try to show me ads which are relevant to me.”*

The difference in wording may seem small, but there is a substantial difference conceptually. The goal is to show you privacy respecting ads that are relevant to the user in the right context (a “match” is found) – not to make sure that all users “see some ads” . Enabling Ads does not guarantee that you’re going to see ads – if the system does not find a match for you in the ads catalog, then you will not see any (more information on this below).

Further, you may see ads appearing regularly today, but tomorrow you may not see any – and that’s perfectly fine . In this situation, it really is a feature , not a bug . We appreciate everyone’s understanding of this distinction and implore you to keep this in mind before assuming that the feature simply “isn’t working”.

Thanks for responding,

All displayed options for brave are turned on:

1. show notifications on lock screen
  2. show in notification centre
  3. badge app icon
  4. play sound for notifications

Still no adverts being displayed since initial post.

1 Like

@Mark.Davies95,
Are you connected to a VPN at this time? Also, are you able to receive other push notifications from the browser? For example if you visit https://www.bennish.net/web-notifications.html and force a push notification, does it appear as intended?

No vpn software installed on this device, and it did yes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.