[MAC] Brave removing cookies when closing the browser

Hey folks,

Every time I close [completely] my browser on my MAC Big Sur [11.2.3] I feel that I lose all my cookies, seems the browser is cleaning it even though I don’t have this setting enable. It happens to all the websites not only Google ish… I’m Running Brave 1.24.82 version

I receive the page to consent google every time, like the one below

Does anyone have this issue and/or knows how to fix it?

Thanks

hello @wolva

go to brave://settings/clearBrowserData and make sure you did not select anything on the exit tab

go to brave://settings/cookies and make sure you did not turned this on Clear cookies and site data when you quit Brave

if both was fine then could you disable all extension and try again and if it work then reenable them back one by one till you get the one that cause the issue

hope that help and have a nice day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @justsomeone1

All settings are as expected, follow pictures

How can an extension delete cookies?

@wolva,
Do you have extensions installed at this time and if so, does the browser behave the same way after disabling them?

some extension clear the cache and other could corrupt it especially if there browser update that could make some extension not compatible with that new version
so disable it to make sure that nothing outside the browser has affect on it
so give it a try and let us see how it going

After upgrade the MAC it seems to be fixed. Weird but yeah, worked…

glad to know that you figured it out well done and have a nice day :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.