So recently I was using brave on Android with fingerprint protection disabled
Ran a couple of fingerprinting test using a php script on my private forum & also did some test from panopticlick.eff.org and results were same. Browser UA strings, OS version, Device model, Manufacturing batch & what not. Every thing was same [i.e actual User Data].
P.S note that I ran these tests using 2 different android [Kitkat 4.4.2 & Nougat 7.0] & an iOS
Then I enabled “fingerprint protection” & ran all the tests again. Suprisingly, enabling it didnt make much of a difference. It showed Legit Device UA string, Device OS version & rest of the data that an actual “fingerprint protection” should do. I myself own a small forum & as the admin, I collect user’s data [like browser, OS, time, IP, resolution, fonts, plugins…etc] for security reasons. Most of these arent spoof. For a fact, i know brave failed to provide a reliable fingerprinting protection.
These are some features that every user, if not all, look in a feature like fingerprint protection when turned it on:
_> A common OS [WIndows 6.1 for PCs, Android 5.0 in Android]
_> A common UA string [Just like the TOR browser does]
_> A common browser version
_> Spoof Device model & Batch Number [if any]
_>Blocking Access to sites that read battery status & time set on device [Yandex browser for Android does this thing good with a little bit of tweek]
The list goes long.
I would definitely love some changes regarding better privacy that make sence in upcoming brave updates.