Lost all imported bookmarks, most of bookmark bar overnight

Description of the issue:
All current and imported bookmarks (hundreds of them) vanished overnight
Edit: Also lost all photo files and documents - nice! - just did a system restore and all bookmarks passwords, photos, documents are back. Ummmm…anyone having similar issues with either a brave update or something odd happening THREE days after updating windows with
2019-11 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB4525235)
???
Download size: 311.0 MB
How can this issue be reproduced?
Don’t know
1., I didn’t do anything to cause this.
Expected result:
know where they were spirited off to
Brave Version( check About Brave):
Brave is up to date
Version 0.70.123 Chromium: 78.0.3904.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Additional Information:
hp 2540p laptop windows 7 business pro 64, did nothing last night different, did not update anything on windowds, I manually do that, just woke up and TA DA! Everything was gone.

1 Like

I had saved passwords from Firefox on previous version. I just updated to [Version 1.0.1 Chromium: 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)] . Now there are no saved passwords. When I click on button to import, all I see is a music editor file in my “downloads” folder! I am running Win10 1809 build 17763.864

The only thing I can recommend is do a system restore. That’s the only way I got my passwords and bookmarks back. Even the old bookmarks file from Firefox/Chromium was not on my laptop after updating with the security monthly windows 7 rollup. It was either that or Brave updated, I kind of doubt the latter in my case. Just go back if you can, retrieve all files with bookmarks, passwords or copy them off to an external, take a chance again if you want to update and try to install from your external. I still haven’t done the windows update that I think caused this, I don’t have time to mess with this again right now. Main thing is copy your old files off and get the heck out of Dodge.

No need to. I am just trying out Brave, so I have not abandoned other browsers! My passwords all still alive & well on the others. Additional info. Just now when I logged in to Brave it did not recognize my saved passwords for this site that I just re-entered yesterday AFTER the Brave update. So, apparently passwords are not being retained. Ill keep this browser updated, by won’t rely on it. PS - on my win7 machine I have done ZERO MS updates since the spring of 2018. Before that, “security only” updates as per “askwoody”. I am a very light use and have had ZERO issues having updates disabled.

Hunh, interesting. I’ve had some trouble getting “security” updates to windows 7 to stick, maybe I should just ignore too. after this last eff around.
Brave should keep your passwords if you go to upper right, click, go down to settings, then scroll down to “additional settings” then “privacy and security”, scroll down to “autofill” and “passwords” click “offer to save passwords” on. Brave is a little spastic of a learning curve and I’ve had a few issues now and then, but overall I really like it. No ads, blocks all kinds fo crud and I have the option of letting it through if I want.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.