Lost 20 BAT! A sign said I was granted 20 BAT a few months ago, I donated them but now it seems like my ad-earned BAT were charged

In November I received a 20 BAT grant. A few weeks ago I donated 20 BAT to a website. I was expecting the granted BAT to be used – seems like they were not.

1 Like

Hi @Deadlock - did you tip them to a Brave verified website?

@steeven
Yes. It also said “successful donation” (I have screenshots) and my balance was immediately reduced by 20 (2*10) BAT. The “20 BAT will expire on 3/4” message disappeared weeks before, but as I read in a post on here, that was just an indicator bug so I donated the BAT (otherwise I would‘ve kept them, because I‘m looking forward to the TAP network implementation).

Summary: Received 20 BAT grant, successfully donated 20 BAT, lost another 20 BAT at the day of grant-expiration.

1 Like

@steeven
This is my post where I reported the disappearance of the indicator. It reappeared but disappeared again afterwards.

This is a post where grants are confirmed to be charged first when donating: [iOS] I received a grant of 20 BAT a few months ago. I think it‘s meant to expire if it‘s not spent, but there‘s no info about it anymore

Hi @Deadlock - it seems like everything is okay, that your first 20 BAT was donated. If you have screenshots it would be helpful to view. Thank you.

1 Like

@steeven
I’ve sent you the screenshots in a DM.

@steeven
Moreover I’m wondering if there’s a wallet ID or sth. similar I could provide? How are bugs regarding lost BAT fixed anyways?

1 Like

Any updates? I‘m getting more sceptical about Brave lately. I‘m using, supporting and recommending Brave Rewards since it launched on Android. 20 BAT were equal to a loss of 30% of my total earnings so far.
Moreover there are still no news about the option to exchange BAT for gift cards, which was said to release in 2019 and probably can be called the single most reason why many people – including me – activated Rewards at all.

1 Like

@steeven
Any news regarding this issue?

Hi @Deadlock - a round of BAT grants (20 BAT) expired last week. Is it possible that you received 2 grants?

@steeven
I am only aware of one from November. Not sure how I could’ve known about a second one. Would’ve loved to donate the BAT instead of letting them expire in this scenario.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.