Loss of my wallet after reinstallation

I lost my wallet following a reinstallation. What files should I look for in my backup?

@sylvainM Wallet? Or Rewards? If Wallet, there’s no file to look for that will help. You’d just need your seed phrase and can restore it.

If you mean Rewards, should just be on your Uphold or Gemini, assuming you were verified. If Unverified, then vBAT would have been saved in your \brave-browser folder if you did a recent backup. But if you don’t have that, then you likely lost it all.

@Saoiray
Thanks.
I forgot to specify that I am with Linux and that I had saved everything a few days before.

Seems to be my rewards since I re-entered my passphrase but haven’t recovered my BAT for a few months.
An idea ?

→ If you mean Rewards, should just be on your Uphold or Gemini, assuming you were verified. If Unverified, then vBAT would have been saved in your \brave-browser folder if you did a recent backup. But if you don’t have that, then you likely lost it all.

I restored my .config/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/
In vain

@sylvainM What is it you’re looking for? vBAT, which is what you’d have if you were Unverified, would be stored in your \brave-browser folder. Specifically, according to Mattches, in your User Data portion of that. But I always go higher up on the pathway because it’s what was said in the past and tends to work.

Main thing though is to keep in mind that you need to do it when you freshly resintall Brave. If you go to Start using Brave Rewards or whatever, then replacing won’t necessarily work.

I went a bit more in-depth at PSA: Current FAQ - #34 by Saoiray but it’s basically the same as I’m instructing.

Ok, I’m going to redo a cp command by copying from
home/user/.config/BraveSoftware/
If I understood correctly

Well, like I said, either just User Data should contain, but then because of others, I always said copy from \brave-browser and all it contains, as it was safe. But it’s whichever you want.

Then you generally just paste that over to the new installation and should all be good. I mean, for passwords you have to do export of passwords and have file or do Sync, otherwise you lose those. But in terms of the vBAT, should just be as instructed.

If you’ve done that and having issues, then we can try to tag Mattches and see if he can guide better on what might be the issue.

@Saoiray
I just restored my incremental backups since December 2022 from the Brave-Browser folder with the cp command since the copy/paste is not 100% reliable.
I had everything, favorites, passwords, personal bar, etc. except my proofs, nor the restoration of my tabs.
BAT level, I started from zero since he asked me my country.

The FAQ does not help me since it does not seem to correspond to my case.
Knowing that I had already entered my passphrase without finding my BAT before contacting you.
I entered my wallet password with no positive effect either.

Which file contains my proof data?

At worst, it’s frustrating, but there’s more to life.

I am French, I use an online translator…

Rewards aren’t kept in Wallet. If you’re looking there, you’re looking in the wrong place. Rewards is kept in Rewards.

Let me just tag @Mattches to see if he can walk you through on some things.

ok.
Thank you.
oh, i don’t have enought caracters…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.