Live Caption from Chrome

Hi,

I wonder if you guys will add Live Caption from Chrome latest stable build over to Brave (desktop)? Accessibility is also important for those who are deaf and hard of hearing.

It pretty much have been 2 months, any news on when you guys adding this? This would have to be on Brave Desktop version on Windows

Replying to this hoping for more visibility for the Brave developers. I’m profoundly deaf and recently migrated to Brave from Chrome without realising that I’d lose the live captioning, it’s very useful for me on sites like Twitter, Instagram and many more sites that doesn’t offer live captioning or transcription natively.

3 Likes

I wish to support close caption in Brave as in Chrome. It would be nice to operate regardless to which website or video playback it operates on and easy to turn on or off in case certain website do have CC feature. It would be very nice to work on conference call as well. I’m also HoH (cochlear implant surgery next week)

2 Likes

I would like to boost this feature request! I am also hard of hearing and am constantly struggling to find a way to have live captions online - this would be amazing!

2 Likes

I have asked for a progress status update but they removed my message. Not sure why they do that. I sure others would find closed caption very useful and yes it would be amazing.

3 Likes

This is the only reason i’m still keeping chrome installed on my machine.

2 Likes

I would also like to join this request, it would epic, if you can add this! 1 <3

GG33

Brave porfavor incluye esa opcion quiero aprender ingles viendo peliculas pero algunas no integran subtitulos y las extensiones de subtitulos son basura sinceramente ojala que lo integren saludos.

You need to add this feature Brave come on we need this

I would also love to see this feature or your version, if you make one, implemented somehow if you made one. This would make my browsing experience so much more convenient.

Me too. Please Brave, if there is one feature that it lacks, it is this feature. Let us ditch Chrome and other inferior browsers completely!

I gave up Brave since they not really interested putting closed caption feature. They made a nasty snub when I asked if they’re making progress. I went back to previous browser. Good luck getting this feature if they really bothered.

My only issue with Brave is this missing standard Chrome feature.

Please try to put this on the radar. Maintaining accessibility should be a priority for everyone.

You can find the Live Caption setting in brave://flags

1 Like

If adding the experimental features from brave://flags does not work. You can try going to the an online subtitle website and looking up your program of choice and then download your subtitle/closed cation file (.srt). Next, you can add a web browser extension to view and apply your subtitle/closed cation file to your online videos. Best of great fortunes to everyone! :slightly_smiling_face:

Online subtitle website used: www.opensubtitles.org

Web browser extension used: Substital(https://tinyurl.com/4xy7hyh3)

Thanks @juil, but is this working for you? I tried a couple of videos both on the stable and beta builds, but I don’t see the captions. :thinking:

Not working here either in Brave on YT. I doubt it will work in a YT live stream either.