Little Snitch Is Always Alerting me that Brave is going to a lot of oddball sites

Little Snitch is always alerting me that Brave is going to a lot of unusual sites, not related to the site that I am trying to get to.
Why is brave constantly going to these sites?
(LIke 192.0.80.245 or 2600:9000:2234…)
Thanks.

What is “Little Snitch”?

Little Snitch informs you whenever a program attempts to establish an outgoing Internet connection. You can allow or deny these connections, or define rules to handle future attempts automatically.

Sort of like Fiddler? Not sure how useful it is, maybe look at the Brave devtools/networking during this time. Network traffic will depend on the sites being visited.

Hi

I checked this ip in the website https://www.lookip.net/ip/192.0.80.245
‘You have searched for 192.0.80.245, which is a public IP address and most likely related to your own router as its external IP.’

For 2600:9000:2234 it looks like it connects to Amazon.

It ‘might’ be AWS then, as a lot of brave stuff is on AWS.

Thanks for the replies.
There are dozens more, and this never happens in safari.
I wish someone from Brave would comment on this, as this is obviously Brave itself going to lots and lots of other web sites, for some reason, not directly related to the site that I am trying to get to.
Mac

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.