Linux update gives unreadable menus = black on black

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Go to any menu item in bookmarks, both bookmark bar and bookmarks folder. Every single time.

Expected result:
I should be able to read the menu items. Background and font colors should both be specified and have enough contrast between them.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.1.20 Chromium: 79.0.3945.74 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
I have been using brave browser on this linux distribution for many months. Ubuntu MATE 18.04.3 with this issue only happening on occasion during form entry on the web.

Same Issue … all drop down menus are black on black

This is still about brave on linux (I have Ubuntu Mate 18.04). I was able to read the menus after making the following changes.

Settings… Appearance… Theme…

Changed FROM GTK to CLASSIC

Hope that helps for now since we aren’t getting any linux support love…

1 Like

Hello,

Thats a regression : Brave breaks GTK theme on ubuntu 16/18.04 since Brave 1.1.20 released.

Chrome and Chromium 79.n don’t break GTK theme.

Thanks,

Eric

My menus were blacked out same as described by others. I followed your directions -> Settings -> Appearance -> Theme,

but in my case I ws already on CLASSIC, I switched to GTK and the problem was solved.

Thanks!

The issue linked by @eldk s fixed and should be available in next release. Closing the thread for now. Please wait for the update and if the issue still persists please open a new thread