(Linux / Pop OS) Tabs automatically maximise and can't be dragged around

Description of the issue: When opening a new tab and dragging down on the tab (to create a new, SMALLER, window), instead of making a new smaller (non-maximised) window, it automatically maximises itself, meaning I can’t drag it around and put it where I want to put it. This happens only when there are 2 or more tabs opened. It also doesn’t act like how the top of the window bar normally acts, and automatically maximises itself when let go, I can’t drag my mouse to the side of the screen and get it to quickly take up half the screen because it doesn’t register that as being possible.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open 2 new tabs on the browser
  2. Drag down on one of the tabs
  3. The tab automatically maximises itself which shouldn’t happen

Expected result: It should create a new non-maximised window that can be dragged around. The window should be smaller and BELOW where the tab bar is on the old window, so it doesn’t automatically snap into the old tabs. It should also act like how the top of the window bar acts, and allow you to easily create half windows and such. It also shouldn’t automatically maximise itself if you let go. In this video you can see how it acts fine sometimes but on my second monitor the issue persists:

This mostly happens on both monitors, sometimes only on one.

Brave Version( check About Brave): Version 1.25.72 Chromium: 91.0.4472.101 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
Operating System: Pop!_OS 20.10 x86_64 (Linux)
Screen Resolutions: 2560x1440, 2560x1440
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: RTX 2060
RAM: 2X8GB

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.