Links on brave://apps/ used to open in a new tab, now they steal an active window. How to undo this change?

Until recently links on the brave://apps/ page always opened in a new tab. Now they steal the active window. How can this change be undone? I´m at the latest Windows desktop release and have noticed this on two different computers.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. go to brave://apps/
  2. click any link
  3. link will open in the active window

Expected result:
Link should open in new tab or window

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Versión 1.32.113 Chromium: 96.0.4664.45 (Build oficial) (64 bits)

Additional Information:

Right-click the icon for it in brave://apps and set “Open as window.”

I don´t have that exact option.
I can right-click and see:

• the url which will open in a new window if I click it
  • options (greyed out and not clickable)
  • remove from Brave
  • install on this device

This changed only recently and it would be great to undo it

Can you add a screenshot which shows the right-click menu you’re describing?

I´ve discovered that what’s actually happening is that if I have Brave open on both monitors the apps will always open on monitor 1 so as a work-around I’ll remember to keep the brave\apps page there so that they don’t steal the other browser session.
This is consistent on both my home and work set ups.

2 Likes

Hi, that was driving me crazy. Same here but sightly different: if I click app shortcut with Brave window on monitor 2, apps tab closes and I get new window. If I click with control+click, app tab is not closed and I get new window for app. If apps tab is on window on monitor 1, it works as expected (app open on current tab with click, new tab with control+click, new window with shift+click).

I have an extension that position my Brave window always on same place when new window open (Window Seat), I don’t think it can be the cause because I disabled it and have the same effect.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.